Unlimited access >

Hi there,

Yes, therapy helps.
I’m sending this PM because I prefer to keep my experiences private, but would encourage you to seek a good therapist.

The combination of an excellent therapist and some SSRIs have really helped me deal with depression, anxiety, and OCD.
It’s been a long journey, but I’ve grown from being overly emotional / completely despondent / angry / defeated… to being a fairly well adjusted, caring human being.

To me psychotherapy is like working out with a good trainer. Just like at the gym I learned to stop the constant pain in my body by stretching, strengthening, breathing, and building cardio. With a good therapist I discovered the sources of my unhappiness. And I learned how to deal with it to create a healthier mindset.

Therapy is not a crutch –– unless you decide to use it that way. Also, depending on your personal style, I would try talk therapy with someone who has a medical degree. This way, any drugs you’re prescribed are being monitored by someone who is familiar with your issues. Some people just go to their GP and are prescribed anti-depressants without having regular sessions to work on their issues. IMO that’s not the way to resolve problems.

If you’re not familiar with therapy and have questions, feel free to PM me.
Depression and anxiety are drudgery. Get out of the mire with the help of a good therapist.

Wishing you strength and clarity,
S.

Thanks so much. Despondent, angry, and defeated is exactly how I feel most of the time these days. I don’t have a GP, so I am sure that if a therapist thought I needed medication, I’d have to be referred on to someone. That’s where the process gets so complicated in my mind and I start to think it’s not worth it . . . I may PM you with some questions later. Thank you. :slight_smile:

PM anytime! Everyone’s rooting for you 🤗