Unlimited access >

Okay so I see a ton of improvement here. I would still ask that the shoe be set back some, to move the breakover back and to better support the heels. These are a bit short shod IMO. So moving the shoe back will help cover the heels better. If you’re afraid of him pulling a shoe, which might very likely happen for a while until the balance is right, then put some bell boots on him. Make sure they just touch the ground while he’s standing square and that they are double thick at the bottom. This will help a lot.

The areas I have circled have issues, I see some white line disease and some probable thrush in the central sulcus of the frogs of the hind feet (left hind mostly). Twice weekly oxine soaks will take care of that. This will help set him up with healthy frogs and laminar connection and an overall healthier foot. It’s important that the back of the foot is healthy so that he’s comfortable to land heel first. I’ll have to look back in your thread to see what the diet is.

Some of these things might seem small but they are important. By looking at the heels on his hind feet it looks like he lands on the outside so the heels are a bit run forward and the bars folded over. If you’re leaving him bare behind I would not take the heels down/back anymore but I would clean up and straighten out the outside bars. I would also float the quarters as you can see where I marked them up. This will help relieve some of the jamming at the coronary band and let the heels relax more. If you’re putting him back in shoes behind, then I would bring the outside heels back a bit more. Doing this while he’s barefoot will most likely make him sore and that’s not what you want. Comfort is important for proper movement. If you’re leaving him bare, boots and pads will be important while ridden. This will help engage the back of the foot so that it will develop. Don’t let anyone tell say you can’t build the digital cushion. You can!

Get some more pictures after his feet have had some time to settle in. You might be amazed at how fast things start to look better. I would also keep an eye on the coronary bands in the front feet. If you see anymore jamming at the quarters or heels it means they are still too long. Right front looks good, left front looks a little jammed up at the quarter. He’s had a major adjustment, so that may relax more with some time.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:10751146}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:10751147}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:10751148}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:10751149}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:10751150}[/ATTACH]

lf.jpg

lh.jpg

lhs.jpg

rf.jpg

rh.jpg