Unlimited access >

Total saddle fit shim pads- anyone familiar??

After seeing many advertisements for the company Total Saddle Fit, I began to look at their anatomical girths. I saw a thread on the eventing forum about the girths and stirrup leathers (which made me look at their actual website).

Upon thoroughly looking through the web page, I noticed they make shim pads as well as girths and stirrup leathers. I was quite impressed with the witherless shim pad.

My question, has anyone used their shim pads, most importantly, the witherless? If so, could you please give me insight. I recently bought a Fleeceworks pad but have not used it. I was not a fan of Thinline.

FOLLOWING. Currently using a foam pad with 1" padding in the front for the hollows behind my mare’s shoulders, and I would much rather have a shimmable pad, but was too afraid to purchase this one without knowing!

I just recently purchase one and sent it back. It was a very very nice pad, and it is large enought to fit even the biggest of saddles. I have an 18" forward flap, and there was plenty of room. I wasn’t completely sold on the wither relief cut out. I tried the pad because it looked like it would solve my problem with my guys withers ( huge, wide and long withers with the dips behind the shoulders) but the sides of the pad seemed to get pushed down for me and I was worried it would create a pressure point further back on his withers where the sides connect in the middle. I also noticed that it slipped back the whole saddle ensemble more than normal, but my saddle slips back anyways so I didn’t consider it a fault of the pad.

I will say though that the girths are fantastic and the company is wonderful. I shipped the pad and my exchanged girth back last Thursday(from WI to CA), and they have already credited my credit card for the pad and sent out my new girth!! If you are at all curious about the pad and/or girth, I totally recommend ordering from them! The 110% refund garuntee can’t be beat, and pretty much covers shipping both ways so you can try it out for 30 days for free! Great company with wonderful customer service.

Thank you for your honest response. I wondered about slippage with the wither less pad but would even consider their regular shim pad.

So glad you commented on the girth. I’m planning on ordering that soon