Total saddle fit shoulder relief girth

Has anyone tried total saddle fit’s shoulder relief girth?
Ive been looking into getting one for a while.

I have one. I dislike how wide it is, and it bothers me that I can feel it under my leg. I much prefer my other anatomical girths. But I would still rank it above your average straight girth.

With that being said, I seem to be in the minority with my opinion…ymmv!

You’re not alone-- My horse loves his TSF dressage girth but did not like the jumping one. I don’t know what it is about it, but it’s not his cup of tea. The width was okay but I found the elastic to be extremely difficult to stretch.

I like mine, but it is very wide. I use a County anatomical girth on my big, narrow TB, and I use the Total Fit one on my wide little WB. I don’t think I would choose it for the TB, although he has such a set-back girth groove that it would probably fit fine.

The leather is nicer than the County leather, and while the elastic is pretty strong I like that- it will last longer.

[QUOTE=foursocks;7816684]
I like mine, but it is very wide. I use a County anatomical girth on my big, narrow TB, and I use the Total Fit one on my wide little WB. I don’t think I would choose it for the TB, although he has such a set-back girth groove that it would probably fit fine.

The leather is nicer than the County leather, and while the elastic is pretty strong I like that- it will last longer.[/QUOTE]

Interesting I was thinking of getting a Total Fit for my TB, maybe I should look into the County anatomical girth instead.

Just courious, I hear that the elastic stretches out quite soon on the TSF; did you end up getting a size smaller then normal?

I use mine for dressage. It’s OK. The leather quality is OK. It’s not the miracle they claim it is, and it seems like it’s more difficult to position the saddle billets where they would lie correctly, if that makes any sense. Almost like I have to pull them where they shouldn’t be, to line them up with the buckles on the girth.

I love them! But only on horses that need them. . .they are great for the horse with large shoulders and a forward girth groove, it allows the saddle to sit where it needs to. It is wide, you can sometimes feel it under your leg. I’m not sure if the other posters have the original or the newer one, but the leather against the horse is quite soft, as my mare usually goes I a fleece girth, but has no trouble with the TSF one. I would say try it, they will take it back no questions asked and return your money promptly. While I’m plugging the company, I think I love their half pads more than I love their girths (which is a lot). They make dealing with the changing top line of a young horse easier, they also offer “true” wither relief.

I did go down a size, actually- but it sort of depends on your billets, I have found. I got a 46 and it is fitting fine on the bottom two holes of the billets on either side, using my County. In my Devoucoux, which has much shorter billets, he needed a 50". He grew a withers and now the Devoucoux doesn’t fit, but the 50" girth with the County saddle was way too long.

As for the elastic it has loosened up some but no more than normal- I haven’t found it to be any different from other girths in that sense.

The Total Fit is quite a bit cheaper than a new County Logic, and I think the leather is nicer on the TF but I love the Logic on my TB. He is a big guy and VERY sensitive, and a 50" County girth with the County saddle fits him perfectly.