Unlimited access >

Touch up on Legs…what blade #?

Hey Everyone,

Have a show next weekend and my boy is still a little hairy on his legs from winter, but he’s got a nice length summer coat everywhere else. If I want to clip his lower legs, mainly the back, what blade should I use? I have my typical 10 blade and that would be too short. Would a 7 work, or should I go a little longer?

I’m purchasing new Heinigers and want to make sure I have all the right blades on hand. Anyone tried the Saphir Horse yet?

Thanks in advance!

I always use the Andis T-84 blades for leg touch ups and body clipping in general. To me they give the most natural cut.

3 Likes

Do you know if a 7 blade is somewhat comparable to the T-84? Heinigers doesn’t have them.

I would usually use a T-84 for longer cut. Not sure what is equivalent for Heinigers, but don’t those take normal A5 blades? So you could use T-84? I was looking at those clippers but wound up not needing to clip this winter. Interested to hear how you like them!

Now see, I didn’t know that! Lol. That would be great if I can just use a t-84. My only question would be whether using off brand blades would mess with the quality of the clippers.

And yes, I’ve been wanting the Heinigers for awhile. I was excited when the Saphir Horse came out. Fingers crossed it’s just as good as the original. I’ll keep everyone posted!

A 10 blade will be fine.