Unlimited access >

Tractor discounts for equine members

We are looking to replace our John Deere tractor with either a Kubota or Mahindra. Does anyone have experience getting a discount through your equine memberships? John Deere offers it to USEF members. Kubota’s website mentions 20% discount to National Cutting Horse Association and “other qualifying equine memberships”. I’m hoping they will extend that to my USEF, or I might be joining the NCHA too!

There are all kinds of discounts for AQHA members also.

Most of those association discounts require you were a member for at least 12 months, check that out.

In general, if you find a dealer wanting to sell, they can match those discounts on their end anyway if you ask them as you are trading for the price.
May want to try that if you don’t qualify thru any equine association.

1 Like

yes, thank you, I’m a life member at AQHA too. I was just asking to know if anyone had gotten the discount using a membership other than NCHA. They don’t give a list on their website. AQHA and USEF only mention John Deere.

When we bought our Massey Ferguson there was a huge horse farm only discount. It’s a great tractor.

My recent experience with Kubota was that the equine discount would apply only if you paid cash. I’m in the SW US where, around here at least, the dealerships have territories and won’t sell into neighboring territories, so you basically can’t comparison shop Kubotas–you have to go to your local dealer unless you want to try buying online and having it shipped in (and then good luck with the service department at the local dealer). In an area with multiple dealerships, perhaps they are more flexible. The local dealership had never had someone use the equine discount :roll_eyes:.

Thanks, we got the kubota with some financing and a huge discount. :slight_smile:

We got 20% off our kubota tractor and loader with our usef membership. Other implements outside of the actual tractor and loader did not receive the discount.

3 Likes

We ended up doing the same a few weeks ago

@trail_blazer If you don’t mind me asking, were you able to land a discount with your AQHA membership? I am currently tractor shopping; both Kubota and Deere are high on the list. I’ve always wondered how the equine association membership discounts worked. I do not have a lifetime card but at this point the number of yearly and 3 year memberships I’ve had, I could have had myself a few lifetime memberships :no_mouth: I found a Deere that I need to go talk to them about, but I absolutely would do a Kubota instead if they would consider an AQHA membership.

@BroncoMo Yes! I called corporate just to be sure which associations were included in the discount. We belong to both, USEF (yearly) and AQHA (old lifetime membership). They recognize most all of them from what I could tell. All they needed at the dealership was a copy of my current card - they did not check to see how long I had been a member.

My husband had talked to the salesperson, but took me with him when we went to negotiate since I am much tougher and will walk away. LOL We got their “best price” before I brought up the discount for equine organizations. Those discounts are taken from the MSRP, so he had to rework the numbers, but we came out better with the discount. Hubby was pretty happy! We went with Kubota as they have a much better service department locally than JD.
Good luck!

We just bought a Kubota last year and got the equine discount. I joined the quarter horse one or something. It amounted to about $4500 off.

1 Like