Unlimited access >

Tractor shopping--anyone use Kubota's Equine Membership Purchasing Program?

Some associations have more than one of the companies as sponsors.

Check with whatever one you belong to directly, they may also have incentives for the brand you want.

For OP, this is worth noting… The way the promo is worded it doesn’t sound like you can technically combine promos and would be subject to the regular financing interest rate. Unless you find a dealer like this poster that will bend a little for you 😉

Might be worth doing the math on interest paid vs discount savings if you can’t find a dealer that will give you the 0% deal. The standard financing APR is 6.59 - 6.75% depending on the term, according to their website.

The way the promo is worded it doesn’t sound like you can technically combine promos and would be subject to the regular financing interest rate. Unless you find a dealer like this poster that will bend a little for you 😉

Yes, probably the only way to get both promos (equine membership and 0% financing) would be to have a couple of dealerships competing for your business. Unfortunately, not only is there only 1 Kubota dealership nearby, but ALL Kubota dealerships in the region (if not the entire state) are owned by the same company. So, basically they have the Kubota market locked up around me. I did contact the closest dealership not in this network but they said they can’t sell into the territory of my local dealer. Kinda sucks–I hate buying something costly without being able to comparison shop, and think it’s unfair of Kubota to put potential purchasers into such a situation.

The only option unless going with another brand would be to buy online and have the tractor shipped in, but I’ll be a first-time tractor owner who needs support and good service so I’m reluctant to tick off the local dealership by buying online.:frowning:

Also, from reading Tractorbynet postings on tractor buying, sounds as though it’s difficult to even figure out what a fair price would be. The manufacturer sites have “Build Your Tractor” features that will provide MSRP, but apparently there are multiple factors influencing the price the dealer will offer, e.g. freight and delivery charges, which can vary from dealer to dealer and tractor to tractor.

I’m not looking forward to going in and talking pricing.

We just bought a Kubota - Had to just give them proof of up to date USEF membership. Easy 20% off tractor and front loader other implements weren’t included in the discount.

1 Like

We bought a Kubota in late 2018, took advantage of the 0% for 60 months promo. I don’t know what specific tractor you are looking at or what you want it to do, but I’m happy to share my perspective on ours after almost 2 years if it’s similar to what you’re looking at.

Our local dealer is only about 15 minutes away, and they were really nice, no nonsense people who didn’t put pressure on us. We talked to them, we talked to the New Holland guys, and a few others. I didn’t get the impression they had a ton of wiggle room on price - it’s not a car lot - but we were happy with what they could negotiate on. Ultimately we went with them because they are nearby, have a service shop and DH (a mechanic) wanted all that the warranty offers vs buying a used, cheaper tractor that possibly hadn’t been maintained. I still had to hike up my shorts to sign on that loan, but it has definitely been worth it. :lol:

Easy 20% off tractor and front loader other implements weren’t included in the discount.

Horsehusband, did you get 20% off the online “Build My Kubota” price which I think = MSRP, or off the price the dealer quoted you? Were they the same? I’ve heard that MSRP can differ from an individual dealer’s price. And, that’s great that USEF membership qualifies–it’s not clear from the Kubota website, which mentions only NCHA by name.

We bought a Kubota in late 2018, took advantage of the 0% for 60 months promo. I don’t know what specific tractor you are looking at or what you want it to do, but I’m happy to share my perspective on ours after almost 2 years if it’s similar to what you’re looking at.

Heinz 57, I’m looking at either an L2501 or the “Special Edition” L3560HSDC (has a cab) or the new LX2610 or LX3310, which also have cab options with AC (seasonally, it’s beastly hot where I am). At present I have a small property but plan to move to 5-15 acres within a few years, so buying bigger than is needed now (L2501 is adequate) would probably spare having to trade up later. A B series is too small (I demo’ed a couple). Need to do grading and leveling, plus landscaping (move lots of mulch and soil, plant trees), plus move heavy things like hay, corral panels, etc., plus ring maintenance so will get pallet forks in addition to a FEL and chain harrow. Instead of the Kubota/Land Pride arena drag, I’m probably getting a DragNfly. Soil is sandy; miraculously, when watered and dragged it is quite good footing (packs down lightly; grains are angular enough to not be slippery).

Cardinale, did you end up getting your Kubota? My husband and I are getting serious about buying one to get our land ready and to use once we move for work around the farm. I’m not having too much luck determining which other equine associations qualify for that discount, either, and am wondering if you were able to take advantage of it and what association you showed your card for?

Thank you, sincerely, in advance!!!

Hi, DwH:

Yes, I got the LX3310–it does have the emission control but getting the extra horsepower (over something in the 25-hp range) was worth it. The dealer balked at the 20% Equine discount but instead offered other discounts in-house + 0% 84 month financing including on several implements, so I went with that.

The dealer (who has the entire state locked up :frowning_face: so no comparison shopping) said they had never had someone use the equine discount and were unfamiliar with the program. In a different part of the country, you might have better luck. It worked for me however, to help negotiate a good deal without actually using it.

I love the tractor–works well for my small property.

1 Like