Unlimited access >

Tractor shopping--anyone use Kubota's Equine Membership Purchasing Program?

Kubota’s website mentions a 20% discount :eek: on tractors & implements (purchased simultaneously) for “members in good standing with the National Cutting Horse Association and other qualifying national or regional equine organizations.” I think the latter refers to e.g. APHA, perhaps AQHA & some others? Before contacting a dealer, I’d like to know whether anyone here has ever used this program. Certainly would be worth joining for thousands off. Or do the dealers play tricks, e.g. the discount is just another name for a price you could bargain for?

Also, I’m used to buying cars off the internet through Costco or my credit union, i.e. knowing in advance what I will pay and having a lot of information and options. Walking into a tractor dealership without a purchase support system is scaring me. There is only one Kubota dealer in my area. Is it worth going to other, 200±mile distant Kubota dealers, or even other brands locally, just to see what they might do? That’s one reason the Equine Membership Purchasing Program is so appealing, if it really works–should just be 20% off list. Sounds too good to be true.

Thanks

1 Like

True enough, it 20% off retail pricing

2020 EQUINE MEMBERSHIP PURCHASING PROGRAM

Save with your 2020 Equine Membership* on Compact/Utility AG Tractors, Turf and RTV Products!
(offer ends 12/30/2020)

[B]This program applies only to members in good standing with the National Cutting Horse Association and other qualifying national or regional equine organizations.

COMPACT/UTILITY AG TRACTORS 20% off MSRP[/B]

https://www.issaquahhondakubota.com/…omotions/18747

Kubota Tractor Corporation, 2020. Up to 20% off MSRP on select models plus Standard Rate Financing (Promotional Rate Financing not Applicable). KTC reserves the right to cancel this program entirely, modify or amend any aspect at any time without prior notice. Purchase price is eligible for cash or applicable standard rate finance offers. MSRP for base equipment. Excludes dealer delivery, set up, and assembly fees, freight, taxes, and any finance charges. Optional equipment not included. Equipment image shown is for illustration purposes only and may not be base equipment. Please see your dealer for details or KubotaUSA.com. This program applies only to members in good standing with the National Cutting Horse Association and other qualifying national or regional equine organizations. Please see dealer for details. Offer expires 12/31/20.

We have used those programs for years as members of AQHA and NCHA on JD equipment.

Any one business or organization tied to agriculture will have such special discounts on different brands of merchandise, machinery also, for members.

Wow, that’s very exciting–so I could just “build my Kubota” online, then go to the dealer with online price + (newly minted) AQHA membership in hand and (after test driving and confirming choices) do the deal!! My blood pressure is falling as we speak. :slight_smile:

Thank you for making my day.

I looked at a Kabota Tractor last week. I am pretty sure it will be the one I will buy. I wasn’t aware of this, but they do have no money down, no interest for like 60 months (I think). I am totally down with that!:cool:

I can’t find where it says what makes an organization a “qualifying” national or regional organization.

I think the rebate for associations with JD is after all other rebates.
The dealer will send paperwork to the association and it will pay the dealer back, or give them credit on their advertising with them or whatever they have contracted for.
Car companies also have those rebates, after you buy one, then mention your qualifying horse association and you will get that on top of all other discounts.

Kubota’s current 0% interest is for 36 months on the models I’m looking at online, but might vary regionally or for other series. Perhaps if things slow down over the next few months they would offer 60 months on the compacts. Also, apparently when financing through them you have to buy insurance, and theirs isn’t cheap–something like around $1K/year which would be ~$3K/36 months, for the compact tractors. I don’t know whether their insurance is comparable to what you would get elsewhere for e.g. comprehensive, theft, etc.

I found the fine print on that deal when we were tractor shopping and you have to pay for a host of things most dealers throw in for free. But we did bite at the 0% interest for 84 months. I added a drag because when else in my life would I be able to buy an arena drag at 0% interest. As for the insurance, our homeowners insurance covered us and we didn’t need to buy the Kubota insurance. Something worth looking into for sure!

1 Like

Ooohhh farmergirl, that’s good news about the insurance–I thought perhaps Kubota required their insurance to be used.

might really make sure your homeowners will cover the tractor in Full. I checked our policy it only covered $3,000 for motorized items that are rated less then 15mph over 15mph Nothing is covered.

I understand there are something like two billion different policies out there but if you are relying on the policy to cover the tractor have your agent issue a letter stating so…not just their word in a conversation

on the Kabota deal, at manufacturers suggested retail price then add in the extras such as dealer assembly and the other list of not included and not subject to zero percent finance … it may or may not be a deal… but it sure attracts attention.

The arrangement is great for my area as Kabota Credit USA has its headquarters in Grapevine and the National Cutting Horse Association is in Fort Worth… makes a great combination for Tarrant County

US Equestrian offers something similar as a “member perk,” but with John Deere:

SAVE UP TO 28% ON JOHN DEERE EQUIPMENT
John Deere has been the official equipment supplier of US Equestrian since 2001. Committed to providing the equine community with quality, value, and innovation through a broad range of property care solutions, John Deere is proud to support US Equestrian members by providing the industry’s most trusted brand and dealer network.
As the world’s leading provider of advanced products and services for agriculture and a major provider of advanced products and services for lawn and turf care, John Deere is pleased to provide discounts to qualified US Equestrian Members. The John Deere Full-Time Program offers up to 28% off, while the Coupon Program allows US Equestrian Members savings between $35 and $2,500 on select new equipment.

1 Like

The salesman I spoke to did say that as long as it was insured, it didn’t matter, however, the insurance through Kabota covered damn near ANYTHING, while most other policies would not. I will pay the 1K a year or so if need be to make sure I get a replacement tractor if mine gets burned up in a fire or floods. Heck, yeah!

The thing about JD is that after making some comparisons, I may rethink my choice. I actually did a side by side online and the JD came out on top.

Sigh.

We had a little Ford long ago, so long it didn’t have hydraulics.
The FEL would drop as you pulled a lever and dump and to set the bucket to pick up a load again, you tapped it on the ground until the hook engaged.
Then loaded, went where you were dumping and pulled the level and it would drop with a loud clonk.

The we got a 36 hp Massey-Ferguson, that was a wonderful machine, until we started using big bales, didn’t lift them.
So we got a 55 hp JD, that barely, if you held your mouth right and stuck your tongue out, lifted the heavier bales, but would creak alarmingly.
That one we made do with for 18 years, was a good machine, just not enough umph.
Now we have had for some years an 85 JD that works fine for us, although is a little big to get in tight spots.
I don’t think anyone would go wrong with a JD, if they have a good service center close.

1 Like

We just bought a Kubota with our equine discount! There is no way you can beat that deal. However one dealership we went to (a pretty big name tractor dealer on the east coast) would not allow us to combine the equine discount and the 0% financing. However our local dealership did. Great tractor, we got a pretty basic model without too many bells and whistles to break 😂

2 Likes

One of the other things I like about the Kubota dealer was that he told me they don’t need you to put money down. The JD dealer wants 10% down.

I’ve got the insurance through Kubota and it is a whole $35 per month. My tractor (L3301) is now paid for but I’m keeping the insurance. Why? Because it covers everything. There is a deductible of $250, and picking up and returning the tractor is covered in the insurance as well.

For example: When tearing out some trees I managed to take out the front grille and bend the hood. The cost of just the new hood was $1600, then add the new grille and labor. I paid a $250 deductible, the dealer picked up my tractor and brought it back after repairs and brand new parts.

2 Likes

Glad they stand behind their work. I would def go with their insurance knowing that!:yes:

OK, I’ve been demoing Kubotas at the local dealership and am ready to talk pricing with them. Does anyone know of any equine associations that are “equine partners” with Kubota other than NCHA? Kubota’s website says only “NCHA and other qualifying organizations.” Any others?

For some time, as Bluey noted above, AQHA is JD, as is APHA.

Thanks.

Usef is john deere too. I saved $1800 on my tractor a couple of years ago