Unlimited access >

Trailer camera mounting

I’m looking into a camera that has a magnetic mount, but I have an aluminum trailer. Any idea on how to mount it, other than drilling? Anyone use Velcro?

Because this is a camera you don’t want dropped… Consumer available adhesives may loosen with time and heat. “J B weld” is a common epoxy available in home & hardware stores. Epoxy a steel plate where you want the camera. Clean both surfaces, then mix the epoxy. Spread on both surfaces, then mash them together. Use tape to hold the plate in place until the epoxy sets. (Quik-set JB weld needs 10 minutes, but you’ll have to work fast mixing & spreading) Be aware this is a permanent mounting.

1 Like

PS … a 4x4 electrical box cover is a perfect piece of metal to use. Available at home & hardware stores too.

1 Like

I recommend you bolt it in. Unless this happens to be an unusually strong magnet and an unusually light camera, my experience is that road shocks will jar almost any camera mount loose sooner or later.

1 Like

DHC … Good point.

OP, When epoxying the plate, loop of wire in a corner hole will serve well as safety strap to catch the camera if jarred off.

1 Like