Unlimited access >

Trailer recommendations

Looking for an aluminum 2 horse step up straight load bumper pull trailer. No ramp! Any suggestions?

Merhow, Featherlight, Hart, Platinum.

I suggest it might be easier to research what is most available where you are and then ask about those brands, people will give you lots of input.

3 Likes

that combination would more likely be found west of the Mississippi River, east a ramp is pretty much standard equipment. However the straight load design might be hard to find since most west of the river trailers are slants.

That’s what I’ve been finding. Featherlite may make one. But I only found one on a lot and it’s on the East coast and I’m in Indiana.

Try 4 Star.

A friend has a 2H straight load Featherlight BP, with a step up. Pretty sure it is a 2006 or 2007 model. I like the trailer a lot though I prefer my GN. Horse area and dressing room are both insulated, and the finish is nice.

I’ve got a Hawk like that with full rear doors, except there is also a ramp. You could order one with the full rear doors and no ramp. There’s a chance you could find what you are looking for used too. I found mine used on Facebook just being patient and watching a lot of FB groups for user trailers.

1 Like

Try horsetrailerworld.com

I’m in IN too & got mine from a dealer in MI.
Brand I’d never heard of: Circle J
Aluminum, steel frame, 16’ w/center gate, stepup, BP.
That was 5yrs ago & I love this trailer.
I traded an aluminum 2h slant GN w/DR & walked away with a check for $500 (to replace a bent Jack & rotted wood floor under the mats in the nose.
Dealer still made $$ on the trade, but I got what I wanted.
Completely new floor - 20’ treated lumber - & jack, both installed for me, totaled $400.

I hate ramps for 3 reasons (after owning 3 w/ramps):
-they weigh a ton
-lift mechanism is another area that needs to be kept clean*
-horses can bonk their heads at the top of the ramp

*I sweep out my trailer after every use.
Did this for the ramped ones too.
Friends w/ramps do not & besides the mess, their ramps are difficult to operate due to the manure/bedding, etc embedded.

Circle J Trailers, was also known as Western World Inc., filed for bankruptcy on Dec. 19, 2008

then Big Tex Trailer Manufacturing, Inc. acquired Circle J Trailers

1 Like

My Circle J is a 2007

My current trailer that I’m thinking of replacing is a 2006 featherlite. Unfortunately, they don’t make that model anymore. I’m 62 and I was thinking it would be a good idea to replace the trailer while I’m still working!

1 Like