Unlimited access >

Trailers with Rolling Dividers

Casually starting my search for a new trailer and was interested in what brands have a rolling divider where the center partition and divider slide to the side without actually needing to be removed from the trailer. I currently have a 2H bumper pull Hawk and if I want to have a box stall I have to unpin and remove the divider from the trailer completely which still leaves me with the center post which I think is removable. I would much rather not have to store the divider outside of the trailer (in SOs garage space lol).

A 2+1 is probably out of the question due to our driveway - I really need to stay <19ft on the floor of a gooseneck.

I have seen Merhow and 4 Star with this option, just wondering if there are any others.

Apparently Cimmaron does. I found this: https://www.facebook.com/268820734779/videos/508585823353200

We own a custom Cimmaron and have this for our 3 stalls at the back of the trailer. We use it all the time and love them!!!

Once we arrive to the show grounds, we remove all shavings/manure and slide one partition to one side and the other partition to the other side and we are able to keep our good carriage in there and can clean and polish it there under the lights. Its a life saver!

Thanks for the heads up on the Cimarron! Now if only prices can come back to Earth a bit I’d be good to go :sweat_smile:

Sadly, I think prices will stay high for awhile because both new and used inventory seem low right now.

Hawk offers a sliding divider - I have used it for carriage type trailers mainly where the owner wanted to load a carriage in front of horses…
Risa
HappyTrailsTrailers.com
BalancedRideTrailers.com

As Risa said, these are pretty common in carriage trailers, and I think their design is far better than 4 star.

Mine is a Trailer USA custom. The center divider is on a track overhead with pin slots on the track and holes in the floor. I had mine made to do a 50/50 split, slide all the way over AND have a 70/30 split. I have butt/chest bars for the 50/50 and 70/30 (mine is a bumper pull so I’m not going to create a full loose box, and it is 8’0 wide so the 70/30 split is almost a box for my large driving pony).

Unfortunately Tay closed up his shop, so no more from him (they really are a great trailer, but boutique and highly customized), but if you have a trailer repair/manufacturer and you are near where driving people are, you may be able to modify your current trailer. I suspect Nelson in Ocala has done this type of work.