Unlimited access >

Trainer/boarding recommendations in Northern Virginia or Maryland? (cross-posted)

I’m looking for recommendations for a dressage or eventing trainer (cross-posted) in Northern VA (Loudoun, Clarke, Fauquier counties/Leesburg, Purcellville, Berryville, Middleburg, Warrenton) or Maryland (Montgomery, Frederick, Howard, Carroll counties) that offer full and partial training packages and lessons for a very average AA. My focus is dressage, but I like to cross-train and have enjoyed working with eventing trainers too. Showing for me is mostly unrecognized and I’m most interested in developing the correct skills to work my horses in a way that benefits them physically.

All that to say, I don’t need a BNT or a super competitive trainer, but I need one who is focused on horse welfare and correct basics through second, maybe third level. And I would really, really like a trainer that’s kind to me and to my horses. I don’t need smoke blown up my butt, but I’m not interested in being yelled at either (occasionally is fine!). And I’m not interested in yanking, cranking or gadgets to win ribbons. Horses are my happy place.

I’m currently in the middle of a very sudden divorce in which my ex gets to stay at our current boarding barn, so I need to move myself and my horses on quickly. High quality care is important. A welcoming atmosphere and fun boarders would be a HUGE plus, but I’m also a little desperate.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions for finding this needle in a haystack. TIA

Weather Lea Warmbloods (Tiffany Hattler). Outdoor arena, No indoor but MILES of wonderful trails. Great horse care, wonderful, kind trainer. Near Hillsboro in Loudoun Co

1 Like

Thank you! I recognize the name and it sounds like a possible match. I also just realized I posted this in the wrong place :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and must have had a draft post for that forum.

I believe Paragon Eventing has one stall opening in Leesburg. She has a great group of folks and lovely facility.

1 Like