Unlimited access >

Trainer Vick Russell Arrested for Shooting at His Son and Killing a Horse

Does anyone know if USEF is aware of this incident? Vick has been charged with felony animal cruelty causing the death of an animal. He’s also been with assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill.

If they aren’t on the ban list I doubt it. Maybe send a note.

He’s out on bond?

1 Like

He is currently charged, not convicted. Until a conviction happens, USEF cannot do anything.

2 Likes

Safe sport can though. They often ban people upon arrest and pending criminal charges. They just might not be aware yet.

14 Likes

Yes, they can. They don’t always act when something like this happens, but they certainly can suspend him. USEF is a club, not a court of law.

14 Likes

A chilling story & at the same time, sad.
Fathers and sons.
The enmity can be scary.
I witnessed it between my Dad & brother.
As adults sharing a house, both with my Mom & after she died.
The violence was mostly confined to shouting, but at one particularly tense time, I knew my brother had a handgun, and had the real worry he might escalate to using it.
But brother ended up a a very good caretaker when Dad’s health failed - fortunately, as I lived 2Kmi away at the time.

4 Likes

Given the players involved none of this is terribly surprising.

15 Likes

Holy cow!

Right? When I first learned about this, the universal response was “least surprising thing I’ve heard”.

We all also agreed the headline could have just as easily been “terrible person is still terrible”.

12 Likes

Wowwww… From some of the posts, sounds like there is some tea involved?

7 Likes

What posts?

There’s not really tea. They’re just known for being less than professional.

3 Likes

For us elders who aren’t in the loop, wtf is “tea” referring to?

16 Likes

Gossip :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you! My DD would be embarrassed, but I couldn’t be bothered to keep up with the current slang most of the time. :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad- I’m a “millennial” and I still have to google some slang words!

4 Likes

Unaware of the meaning of the “tea” lingo as well. I still am not aware of where people are reading the posts that could have been regarded as “tea”. Anyone?

Because people were not surprised this happened.

2 Likes

I see that some people are not surprised about this
( :grimacing: ) from reading the posts on this thread , but I feel I am missing something, posts from elsewhere?

I’m sorry , I can be quite dense at times on social media.

1 Like