Unlimited access >

trainers in central nj??

can anyone recommend a knowledgeable, reliable, and honest trainer in the central jersey area? I am relatively new to the area…there are a few that I have in mind that I would like to try, but I would love to hear who people recommend and what they have to say…please, no “lesson barn” instructors…I am talking the real deal here…real equestrians…real trainers…thank you :slight_smile:

What’s your price range…do you need board or just lessons? On your horse or lesson horses? There are SO many trainers in NJ…

I do not need board…but I do need someone to travel to me in Monmouth county…my price range isn’t set to anything in particular…id rather train once a month with someone stellar than 4 times with someone mediocre…and I am very familiar with the people I have zero interest in…

If you want the real deal, finding someone that will come to you will be difficult. I know this from experience since I have lived here my entire life and board in Monmouth. Where are you at now? Feel free to PM me if you would rather stay private. Good luck!

If you want a top-flight trainer, you’d better be prepared to ship to him/her for lessons rather than vice versa.

I don’t need “top flight”…what I meant by REAL DEAL is not some 20 something pretending they know what they are talking about…but anyways. “you’d better be prepared”…rude…coulda said that in a different way…this is why i don’t deal with most people in the “horse world”. they are rude. fact.

AA Hunter…thanks for making this my first and LAST post ever.

wow.

[QUOTE=comingback;7110959]
wow.[/QUOTE]

I find that people are always wanting to “tell you how it is” instead of being helpful…showjumper28 gave a helpful and friendly post. just doesn’t seem that hard to be helpful. I guess it is for some.

[QUOTE=AA Hunter;7110854]
If you want a top-flight trainer, you’d better be prepared to ship to him/her for lessons rather than vice versa.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I don’t think this was a rude response.

It is probably an accurate statement of fact-- for most horse communities at most times. Every once in a while, a hungry and good new young pro moves in. But free lancing this way is a very hard way to make a living so those who can move up to establish a home base do, pronto.

I understand your frustration, OP. But if you are in a “trainer’s market” (where there are few who will do what you want), you have to be nice or creative or well-paying… or all three.

OP, I don’t understand why you are so offended. AA Hunter just stated what, in all likelihood, is the case. She ( or he) just said it before I did. Nevertheless, good luck in your search.

“Boy, that escalated quickly.” -Ron Burgandy :lol::lol::lol:

[QUOTE=SGM;7110931]
AA Hunter…thanks for making this my first and LAST post ever.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t find AA Hunter’s post rude, I think you are being overly sensitive. Maybe it’s a good thing that was your last post. Good luck in your search.

[QUOTE=SGM;7110930]
I don’t need “top flight”…what I meant by REAL DEAL is not some 20 something pretending they know what they are talking about…but anyways. “you’d better be prepared”…rude…coulda said that in a different way…this is why i don’t deal with most people in the “horse world”. they are rude. fact.[/QUOTE]

Well, bless your heart.

The real deal trainers are going to be busy riding and teaching at their own farms in between shows. It is doubtful that you will find someone of quality to have the time to come to you. Hope you find this helpful. I am a central jersey girl and know all of the trainers in the h/j world. Pm for questions/answers and I will try to be honest to the best of my knowledge. I do think just dropping by and watching lessons is a great way to get a feel for a place.

[QUOTE=SGM;7110930]
I don’t need “top flight”…what I meant by REAL DEAL is not some 20 something pretending they know what they are talking about…but anyways. “you’d better be prepared”…rude…coulda said that in a different way…this is why i don’t deal with most people in the “horse world”. they are rude. fact.[/QUOTE]

She wasn’t being rude, just stating facts. Not many established (ie: non 20 something) trainers are going to waste 1+ hours of free travel time when they can be making another $100 in that time by having back to back lessons at thier facility.

As an aside, if you are planning on doing anything in the horse industry in NJ you really, really want to invest in some panties that dont bunch up quite so easily. People aren’t necessarily rude, just abrupt… And if you are offended this easily over the internet you really are going to find yourself quite butthurt over nothing very frequently.

The kind of trainer you want doesn’t have the time to travel to you

Are you serious , you really think the top notch trainer has the time for that.
You will gain greater experience by going to there farm and watching their program along with taking a lesson.

Pretty unrealistic, unless you have lots of $$$$$$$$$$$
But they are so busy it’s not always that.
I would think for what your wanting you would already understand how busy their schedules.

Maybe you should consider clinics at your farm.

And even though 20 something’s have there ways , they are trying , they will figure it out, but geez chill out and drink some take it a easy juice.
Located in the be grateful , glad to have a horse aisle.