Unlimited access >

Trakehner stallion "Dover" 1990s Midwest?

I am looking for information on a Polish-bred Trakehner stallion named “Dover” who apparently was prominent enough in the mid-1990s to have a Breyer model produced for him. The ATA website lists him but has no information about his performance career and precious little else (no pix). He was born in 1986, it appears, so perhaps imported around 1990.

Anyone remember him? I’d appreciate any information you can provide. I have a grandson of his and am curious of course.

Could the name be Donner?

The name is definitely Dover. He is listed in the ATA “inactive” stallions list (since he’s deceased!), and there are offspring listed as well. Just not much else.

Thanks for replying.

Of course…based on the information in your previous post, I thought you had the correct name but w auto spell check, you never know.

No competition record listed (not sure if the online records go back to the 80s/90s), but there is a record here that shows an owner name and that he had a USHJA number so presumably he competed in a H/J discipline: Dover – USEF.org listing

Also found this list of progeny

There’s a mismatch on the ATA site that only adds to the confusion.

The ATA inactive stallion listing has the sire as Jantar and the dam as Druska. USEF has the same sire and the mare spelled as Dryska (and a different year of birth).

However, the “full pedigree” chart on the ATA page for Dover’s information has a different sire and dam. That chart has Erzsand as the sire and Media (by Condus) as the dam.

I can find Druzka on Horsetelex, but no record of a 1986 offspring. Jantar also has no 1986 offspring recorded on Horsetelex. I also haven’t been able to find a reference to the Erzsand/Media pedigree for Dover outside of the ATA site.
Sporthorse-Data has a mare named Meridian for the 1986 offspring by Erzsand out of Media HorseTelex doesn’t have any of the 1986 offspringof Erzsand listed.

I’ll reach out to the ATA to let them know that there is conflicting information regarding Dover’s pedigree listed on the ATA site.

1 Like

@DawnJL -

Thank you for contacting ATA on this. I did find that Dover was listed with differing parentage and birthdates on different lists.

I found the Jantar x Druzka/Brennus pedigree in more than one place so I am inclined to believe this one. Breeder was listed as Moszna Stud (Pol).

Owner was listed as Cynthia Haines in Indiana. The horse I am researching has US Midwest roots, so this makes some sense. There is also a list of offspring, many of which were bred by Ms. Haines.

I wonder if anyone in the ATA remembers Ms. Haines?

Anyway, thanks for replying to my inquiry.

I also suspect that the Jantar x Druzka/Brennus pedigree is the correct one base on the rest of the information available.

I’ll PM you an ATA contact who has been involved since the 80s/90s. She may be able to help you.

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll check PMs later.

I haven’t heard back from the person who may recall Dover because she was involved with the ATA during that era. I’ll let you know when I do.

I DID hear back from the ATA’s webmaster who corrected the pedigree on the site (the registry number was one digit off so the wrong pedigree chart had been displayed). Jantar x Druzka/Brennus is the correct parentage for Dover.

Thanks again. I had a nice ride on his grandson today. It will be fun to learn more if it happens.

From what I know, Polish bloodlines tend to produce wonderful horses. Happy to know he has some.

1 Like