Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation device for migraines -- anyone tried this?

My neurologist is recommending this device and therapy for my chronic daily trauma-induced migraines. I just don’t know anything about it, it is expensive, and I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience. It would be 4 single pulses twice a day, then 3 every 15 minutes to treat an active headache.

I have tried all the usual options, get the Botox shots, have taken a wide range of prophylactics and nothing has worked.

I like that it is a med-free treatment but don’t want to do anything that is long-term risky. would like to hear from anyone with experience with this device.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that it has progressed to this point. I have no experience with this device but am a migraine sufferer so I feel your pain. Jingles they find a solution.

Thanks, Laurie. It has been years since I went more than a day without a bad headache…I am so tired of structuring my life around this kind of pain.

I know everyone is different so my experience is likely to be irrelevant but we finally figured out my migraines were caused by herniated discs in my neck. Headaches are the worst and even when you don’t have one you live in feat that they are going to come back.

Have you had a lumbar puncture? I had severe migraines daily for 13 years and when they did Lumbar puncture to check for MS they found my spinal fluid pressure was elevated. I was dx with pseudo tumor and had 5 or 6 years managed by medication before needing surgery to fix a blocked vein. It was life changing DX.