Unlimited access >

Transportation - Cross country trailering - reviews

I am transporting my horse from MD to CA. This is a list of the companies with the quotes I have received.

Do you know of any other companies? Do you have any good or bad experiences with the companies listed? Any info on ride share?

JNS Equine Transport $1500
NWHT (Nation-Wide Horse Transport) $1600
Blair Garrett $1800
DDP High Desert Ranch $1695

Brook Ledge $2700 - Used them before. I was not impressed, even though all of the reviews were so promising.

THANKS!

We use Charlie Gibson and American horse transport to ship from ky to wa and back frequently and I would highly recommend both of them. They would be worth a call to see if either are headed your route

I have shipped a horse cross country twice, NY to CA, using Equine Express. I was very pleased both times. There is at least one thread on here about Nationwide, and I suggest you check that out before booking with them.

Lightstar Horse Transport

I can still have anger management issues recalling my own personal experience w/Nationwide. Have heard very good things about Equine Express, but have no direct experience.

[QUOTE=clint;7185220]
I have shipped a horse cross country twice, NY to CA, using Equine Express. I was very pleased both times. There is at least one thread on here about Nationwide, and I suggest you check that out before booking with them.[/QUOTE]

That.^

We have used the last few times, for day trips, not as long as you are talking about, Equine Express and they did what they said they were going to do and the horses were fine.
They also just happened to be the cheapest quote, because they had an empty spot in the trailer at the last minute they needed to fill and gave a discount.

Now, it is touchy to recommend anyone, as we know.
Someone else may have had trouble with them, or trouble may happen to you.
Take any recommendations as just that, it worked for some just fine.:yes:

Good luck on your hauling and let us know how it went.:slight_smile:

I have shipped a horse cross country twice, NY to CA, using Equine Express. I was very pleased both times. There is at least one thread on here about Nationwide, and I suggest you check that out before booking with them.

Here’s one NOT to use…Parlier Transport.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151897119580638&set=gm.455860891196239&type=1&theater

I highly recommend Lightstar - based in CA, the owner did the horse trailering studies at UC Davis and custom-made his trailers to be the best for horses when traveling. Fantastic people who are HORSEMEN first

I would NEVER use J Parlier again as my horse was and still injured from his transport. PLUS: “James Lee Parlier Jr, DBA: Parlier Trucking Co 5668 King Wilkinson Rd Denver, NC 28037 Ph # 704-477-6061 MC# 316590 US-DOT # 613581 According to FMCSA he does not have any insurance on file so his authority has been revoked and he should not be hauling for hire. And his US-DOT number is showing NOT AUTHORIZED So he is running illegally while hauling horses for payment.” so you are on your own when something happens as he will deny he even shipped your horse.

I’ve used Blair and High Desert Ranch. I don’t remember anything about High Desert except they took a long time to get from WA to CO - like a week.

I have shipped four with Blair and I won’t use anyone else. I met him and his wife when they came to pick up horses from me and overnighted their load (they stop and unload every night). One of the horses coliced and was colicing badly the next morning and their care and compassion was evident. They were shipping a wet mare from me and they called me every 4 hours or so (whenever they stopped) to tell me how she was doing. They milked her out and Blair was worried about her so he slept with her the first night.

[QUOTE=nik022;7439579]
I would NEVER use J Parlier again as my horse was and still injured from his transport. PLUS: “James Lee Parlier Jr, DBA: Parlier Trucking Co 5668 King Wilkinson Rd Denver, NC 28037 Ph # 704-477-6061 MC# 316590 US-DOT # 613581 According to FMCSA he does not have any insurance on file so his authority has been revoked and he should not be hauling for hire. And his US-DOT number is showing NOT AUTHORIZED So he is running illegally while hauling horses for payment.” so you are on your own when something happens as he will deny he even shipped your horse.[/QUOTE]

Oh please, give it up. One account is sufficient, thanks.

Give it up? If I were looking to transport a horse I would want to know that there is such a shady horse injuring crook out there. If my horse ended up looking like the poor mare Laura linked to - I would be doing everything in my power to scream it from the roof tops!

[QUOTE=Appsolute;7440449]
Give it up? If I were looking to transport a horse I would want to know that there is such a shady horse injuring crook out there. If my horse ended up looking like the poor mare Laura linked to - I would be doing everything in my power to scream it from the roof tops![/QUOTE]

Like making a bunch of different accounts and posting the same thing over and over?

I had a great experience with Equine Express. My filly was 2 1/2 and had never been on a long trailer ride, so I went with them based on reviews and wanting to ensure she had a box stall in an air ride truck. She came to AZ from Florida and walked off the trailer as if she just walked out of her normal stall, rested and happy. They do take longer because of layovers in their main facility, but I thought that was a plus to let her rest in between legs of the trip.