Unlimited access >

Triple Crown Balancer Gold

Any reviews/opinions regarding this product? Really like that it is soy and molasses free.

Two of my horses are currently on it. I really like it. I think my horses look great on it and have great bloom. It seems palatable - I suspect more palatable than TC 30%. It certainly smells better than the 30%. It is lower protein than 30%.

I think my horses look better on it than they did on either 30% or Seminole Equalizer. I recently had a horse friend come over and comment on how great my horses look and asked me what I feed.

I have my horse on it. He doesn’t tolerate soybean meal which is in most balancers, but he is an easier keeper. It’s been great for him.

It’s a fantastic product for horses who can’t have soy (or for owners who have an inherent aversion to it :wink: )

It IS lower protein, but that’s usually not a problem unless the forage is just crappy (which means there are other issues than just protein).

I agree with all of the above. Great stuff.

Where do you all buy it?

My trainer has her two horses on it and I switched my mare to this about a month ago. So far, I love it and so does she. My trainer’s horses look excellent.
I buy it at my local Agway for $35.65/bag. At 1.5lbs of pellet per day, the bag lasts me just about 33 days. Not bad!

The Gold line is only available at independent dealers, meaning, not big box stores like Tractor Supply. You can call Triple Crown and ask them who your nearest independent dealer is who also carries this line. Or, any independent dealer even if they don’t already carry it, and then ask that dealer if they’d order it for you.