Unlimited access >

Trying to find some information about my NRPS pony

Hello !
I’m from France (sorry for my english!) and my parents bought me a pony 14 years ago when I was 12 (she is still with me).
We learnt years later that we were fooled about all of her info because we discovered that she had a dutch microchip (in addition to the french microchip that was put when we bought her).
I was young so I didn’t made a lot of research but now I’m trying to find more info about her. I contacted earlier this week the KNHS that told that she has an NRPS passport, registred as VOSSENHOEVE’S ANNABEL.

You can find it here :
https://nrps.nl/database/npa-930059-93-vossenhoeve-s-annabel?fbclid=IwAR18Na2Q-51JnWZ4DNJwQF_ANpBqenXcAOB6EFHzH5YJ_SaX1LFhApIwWUQ_aem_AWoObJyBd-TddKZSfkn6azVfATjGev9_SbEHzKPTnSHI-A7WvADgqYvpfCNZb2CtVCUfp7I0rPLBT6-mHNdJGVbF

I also contacted the NRPS but I’m waiting for an answer.

The NRPS told me that she competed in Holland M1 with 4 profit points. Could you tell me what this means ??

And I would love to find her previous owner, or breeder, to have a bit of her history…
On the NRPS it is said that tge breeder is “T.P. KERSTEN” but I don’t find him anywhere…

If someone can have some information I don’t how, I would really appreciate it ! And I’m still waiting for the answer of the NRPS :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not certain how an American equestrian magazine forum will be able to help you. Is the Vossenhoeve stud still in business?

M1 is the equivalent to Second Level dressage in the US and Elementary in the UK. I’m not sure about the levels in France but according to the KWPN website, includes shoulder-in, collected trot and canter, extended gaits and counter canter, ½ turn on the haunches in walk.

“Profit Points” are awarded by the KNHS and you can find information here: https://knhs.nl/reglementen/disciplinereglement-dressuur/artikel-106-winstpuntenregeling

Rough translation:
"Profit points:

• average end percentage 70% and above 3 points
  • average end percentage 65% to 70% 2 points
  • average end percentage 60% to 65% 1 point"

You can request full show records through the KNHS if you want to as well, if you haven’t already: https://www.mijnknhs.nl Edited to add: if you request her show record you may be able to find her former riders/owners that way.

It looks like it has been a number of years since “T.P. Kersten” registered foals with the NRPS but I did find Stal Kersten and I wonder if “TP” could be Pieter or a relative. It looks like they at least used to breed ponies but maybe focus on horses now. It might be worth reaching out to ask: https://www.stalkersten.com/enpieter.htm

If you click on your pony’s dam’s name on the NRPS website and then on Rezha’s page click " Nakomelingen" (“offspring”) you can see your pony had one full sibling and four half siblings. Maybe you could track some more information down through searching their names as well!

4 Likes

@weixiao I was wrong! An American equestrian forum can answer questions about a Dutch pony asked by a French rider.

5 Likes

Hahaha I’m sorry I didn’t know where to ask, I didn’t know I was on an American forum but I saw a post on NRPS pony soooooo :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Wowww thanks a lot !! I will investigate all of these leads, thanks for the amazing job !!

1 Like

@estherbsn Happy to help! Best of luck in your search for information! :slight_smile:

@Willesdon never underestimate the power of the internet for finding information! Haha it helps that I used to live in the Netherlands though and I also work for a different Studbook so I’ve got a bit of relevant experience that happened to fit really well for the question!

4 Likes

Ok well, for the update

• I requested her show record but I can only see that she competed until 2005, and they don’t have records before this date (and I paie 8 euros for that haha, bad luck)
  • I contacted the Stal Kersten, I explained my request and I only received this answer : “sorry, no information”
    Sooooo, still no results !
    I will stop for today, then try to find information through her siblings and maybe try to ask on a dutch forum this time haha
    Thanks again, I will keep you updated !
2 Likes

Bummer! It can be very hard to track the older horses and ponies that competed before the online databases were widespread. Is there any chance she competed in another country other than France and the Netherlands? If so, you could check with the German and Belgian federations but I think both charge a fee so might not be worth it unless you think there is a good chance.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any contacts that were or are involved with ponies in the Netherlands but you might try asking on the Bokt.nl forum or looking for some NRPS Facebook groups perhaps and asking there? Someone might know something! Good luck!