Unlimited access >

TuffRider Regal Boots?

Hello,

I just saw the TuffRider regal boots int he Dover catalog, and I was quite intrigued. They look pretty nice for their price, so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions, pictures, or reviews, before I potentially buy myself a pair.

Thank you!

[QUOTE=SofiPony;7694740]
Hello,

I just saw the TuffRider regal boots int he Dover catalog, and I was quite intrigued. They look pretty nice for their price, so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions, pictures, or reviews, before I potentially buy myself a pair.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

I have them. I bought them because they are much more substantial than my parlantis but look pretty similar, so I can school in them.

The blurb I think says they have a grippy panel, I don’t really buy that, but it does have an extra panel on the inner leg as kind of a wear patch.

Beware that they do run large-- but if you buy them too tight, you will have a lot of issues with the zipper staying zipped up. So buy them a little looser than you normally would.

They’re nice boots for the price. They do wrinkle, a lot, so plan to be really diligent about boot trees, etc if you don’t want that. Mine are schooling boots so I don’t really care if they aren’t perfectly slick and polished.

Tried them today and loved them! I was really impressed. They’re really really soft and fit really nice and slim through the ankle. I imagine they’ll wrinkle quite a bit, but they’re so comfortable and the price is great. I’m usually in the awkward range between a slim and a regular calf and the slims fit me well, so I’d say they run a little big. If the zipper slips, the tuffrider rep showed us a trick where you stick the zipper through the small bit of leather that’s under the actual snap-on keeper. I wasn’t planning on getting boots for quite awhile, but am thinking I’ll be buying a pair of these shortly.

[QUOTE=thesilverspoon;7696637]
Tried them today and loved them! I was really impressed. They’re really really soft and fit really nice and slim through the ankle. I imagine they’ll wrinkle quite a bit, but they’re so comfortable and the price is great. I’m usually in the awkward range between a slim and a regular calf and the slims fit me well, so I’d say they run a little big. If the zipper slips, the tuffrider rep showed us a trick where you stick the zipper through the small bit of leather that’s under the actual snap-on keeper. I wasn’t planning on getting boots for quite awhile, but am thinking I’ll be buying a pair of these shortly.[/QUOTE]

thesilverspoon and I saw these yesterday, the JPC brand rep had a few pairs in store. I think the leather quality is great for the price, they are extremely soft and have an almost half chap like feel, and look a lot like the Parlanti’s. I think for off the rack you get a lot of bang for your buck around the $275 mark. I would imagine that you would either need to use them only for show to keep them nice, or would make a good pair for daily schooling.

[QUOTE=thesilverspoon;7696637]
Tried them today and loved them! I was really impressed. They’re really really soft and fit really nice and slim through the ankle. I imagine they’ll wrinkle quite a bit, but they’re so comfortable and the price is great. I’m usually in the awkward range between a slim and a regular calf and the slims fit me well, so I’d say they run a little big. If the zipper slips, the tuffrider rep showed us a trick where you stick the zipper through the small bit of leather that’s under the actual snap-on keeper. I wasn’t planning on getting boots for quite awhile, but am thinking I’ll be buying a pair of these shortly.[/QUOTE]

I know that trick and I did that, but the zippers would still fall down if pulled too tight. I returned that pair and bought one calf size up which is really too big, but my zippers don’t fall down now.

The parlantis you have to buy super tight to get the fitted look, my point was do not try to do that with these boots, the zippers are not the same and they won’t stay up if the boot is tight.

I have them and agree that they are very nice for the price. I was actually very pleasantly surprised when they arrived (I ordered mine online), and have been enjoying riding in them. I am using mine for daily schooling, so we’ll see how they hold up. I also want to add that I agree with the posters above about the fit as well - I would say that they run a tad big.

Happy shopping!

Thank you for all the responses! So do you think that even though these run big, i should buy them a tad loose in the calf for the zipper to stay up? Or should I order the more fitted size? Thank you!! :slight_smile: