Unlimited access >

***Update: 4/20/22 The consult** Any one have experience with an oronasal fistula?

I think we have finally turned the corner and I hope I am not speaking too soon. No more snot! There is nothing coming from her little nose at all. She looks, sounds and certainly smells better. And is eating like she is trying to make up for lost time, though she is not happy with hard food as it appears to keep poking her in the roof of her mouth. Soon I hope I will be able to get her in for her procedure and we can close this chapter in her life and mine. Whew!

8 Likes

Great news!! Sending hugs and prayers for continued healing. :kissing_heart:

Hooray ! So happy and relieved for you and Smudge ! Enjoy an easier Sunday !

Wonderful!! That’s great news! Hope she continues to do better and it’s smoother going from here, for a long time.

Finally some GOOD NEWS and relief for you and little SMUDGE. Continued Best Wishes.
GO SMUDGE!! Eat lots and eat fast!!

That’s great!

Have you tried soaking her dry food in some milk or KMR?

3 Likes

That a good idea! Dang - I mean that’s a total duh on my part. I have some kitty broth/soups that I could use. This morning she ate up her bowl of food and then went after one of the other cat’s bowls and ate most of that.

I’m so happy. Her little attitude is happier and while she isn’t up to the midnight zoomies thru the house yelling she is certainly 1000x times perkier.

6 Likes

I’m so glad Smudge is feeling better and eating well again. You have been through so much. You really needed some good kitty news! :heart:

1 Like

So took Smudge in for her re-check today and sure enough the hole is still there and lucky me is infected with glup coming out of it. So BACK on doxycycline and when this clears up she will go to surgery and have that closed up. Waiting for vet to call me back as she told tech she needed to talk to me.

Other than that, she looks bright and happy and is back to her old self again and gaining weight slowly but surely.

9 Likes

You and Smudge are tough operators … finally reaching some ‘closure’ on this medical issue.

Jingles and so happy to read your update.

Hugs and major jingles that this infection is the last one! Good to hear she’s looking and feeling better!

ah, you and Smudge deserve some good news for a change.
Happy for you both and continued jingles til this little problem is gone for good.
Glad he’s feeling better.

2 Likes

I hate to read that the infection is back but gaining weight and acting good is awesome!

I hope the infection gets knocked out this round and stays gone.

Jingles for Smudge!

1 Like

As soon as this clears up, she will go for surgery. I have an appt with her vet tomorrow (another cat - just a check up) and we will discuss then.

Thank you for continuing to think of us!!!

3 Likes

Had to take poor Smudge cat into the vet today at the buttcrack of dawn. (I don’t get up early well…hell. I just don’t get up well…lol) Poor little critter has been running a temp veering between 105 and 103 for two days. I kept thinking I had a handle on it but apparently no. Her preferred vet was short-staffed and told me to take her to ER but I managed to call their competitor and get her in. LSS, she got a shot of Convenia, a shot of Cerenia and some Mirtazipine. She was very frisky and chatty while there and they all thought she was adorable. Of course, upon arrival at home, got out of the carrier and then sat hunched in a small half-dead looking heap in the middle of the floor while giving me The Look thru glassy eyes. So no surgery for her til she heals from this. I’m starting to wonder if this will ever end. Teach me to start thinking positive…

Dang it, I’m sorry. Hugs and jingles to you both. Nigel was always chatty and bright at the vet, then crashed at home, too.

Would they consider the surgery even if she is still feverish? It seems like catching a window when she isn’t sick is going to be hard?

1 Like

Jingles & AO !! Push onward !

Come on Smudge !!!

3 Likes

That’s what I’m wondering. The window keeps getting smaller. She had just finished - I mean literally just finished on Sunday the last of two bottles of doxycycline and then Monday - poof! snotty nose and fever.
This poor cat…her surgery is still scheduled for 12/16 (how the hell am I going to get that day off I don’t know) and she has a pre-surgery blood draw on Sunday so I will talk to her vet and see what they think. We may just push ahead as I have a sneaking suspicion this hole is the root of all evil with her.

4 Likes

How is Smudge this morning? I hope the meds yesterday helped her feel better and she’ll be able to have her surgery. It’s still 6 days away so hopefully she’ll be OK by then and the surgery will fix the problem! :heart:

1 Like

Poor Smudge. I hope she’s able to get her surgery and have this taken care of!