Unlimited access >

UPDATE pg 2 WB service A+ // Review-Weatherbeeta 1000D Stretch Combo Neck Blanket

I know your taking it up with the seller but I would also call wb and see if they would be willing to do something. Might be the easier route.

[QUOTE=jay0087;7372323]
I know your taking it up with the seller but I would also call wb and see if they would be willing to do something. Might be the easier route.[/QUOTE]

I’ve already submitted through their contact us website and zero response. I dug around on the internet and found their telephone number. We’ll see.

The seller finally agreed to take it back to “test” it. I advised them that I expect a return for the three main reasons that I listed and I gave them a deadline. If I don’t get the refund by 1/24, I will escalate it and let eBay make the decision.

Well this just goes from bad to worse. So I laundered the blanket in a triple front loader on Perm Press Warm with a gentle detergent. Took it out to hang and the polyfill is apparently not secured well and has started to ball up inside (not much-but you can definitely feel the shift).

:frowning: This is just a nightmare. I informed the seller of the “new” defect and let them know it is shipping back to them on Friday. I think at this point I will be getting my money back.

i wouldn’t panic over the fill shifting in the wash just yet. sometimes it feels like that when a product is wet and then it “returns to normal.” i own a vet that makes me think i ruined it every time i wash it b/c the fill shifts after a wash but time and time again it is fine once it dries.

[QUOTE=Nuggets;7371886]

I’m going to disagree with some of the others a bit, and please don’t get offended, but you probably got a “deal” on this blanket because it was a demo model on eBay. And in return for the discount, the agreement was that you accept some risk in buying a blanket sight unseen. Just because it turns out that the blanket kind of sucks doesn’t mean that the seller didn’t fulfill their end of the deal. It’s part of the risk of paying less and buying on eBay versus using a tack shop that allows you to inspect the product and try it on without risk…[/QUOTE]
This is my thought too.

UPDATE Weatherbeeta Customer Service A+

I got a very nice email from WB customer service. They had been away at a Trade Show.

They expressed regret that I was having a problem with the blanket and the eBay seller. They inquired if eBay seller is a WB dealer.

They also offered to send me a replacement blanket. Since they didn’t specify, I sent them two that I liked and gave them the choice.

They emailed back today to let me know which one was coming and asked me to update the COTH post as they monitor the COTH site. (Very good! I like to see that.)

I also gave them the name of the seller and the address so they can follow up to see if they are a dealer.

So I still have the eBay dispute open. I advised WB that I would leave it open until they confirmed if the seller is a WB dealer. Since the replacement they are sending is less expensive than I spent, I really want the return shipping back (just for the hassle).

Also, the retailer should not be able to keep my money and the blanket. If they are NOT a WB dealer (after confirmation by WB), I will advise the seller that WB has rectified the situation and they should send me the blanket back and I will send it to WB.

If they are a WB dealer, I will ask for my return shipping refund and let them return to WB.

At any rate, I wanted to make sure I was fair to Weatherbeeta as they are standing by their policy of customer satisfaction. A+ to them for contacting me and moving to fix the situation.

I think my mare will look stunning in the Chocolate/Argyle high neck 600D Freestyle. :smiley:

That’s great, so good to hear!

Good they stepped up to the plate for you. I have had absolutely horrendous experiences with them. Maybe they learned and changed their ways finally.

The eBay seller agreed that the filling was balling and clumping so they refunded my money.

If WB doesn’t want me to send them any money, I’ll pick a local charity and donate the balance.

I don’t want to feel like I got a “bonanza” as they say on The People’s Court. :smiley:

It does feel good to know that the seller doesn’t think poorly of me.