Unlimited access >

UPDATE!! Search Orders, Results, and Class Lists for HITS Ocala and Thermal!

UPDATE*
The site now supports HITS Arizona! I dont personally know very many people there so if you do please share!

Hello Chronicle of the Horse Community!
I have been working hard to spread the word website I built that allows users to easily search the orders, results, and class lists for both the HITS Thermal Desert Circuit as well as HITS Ocala Winter Circuit. So far I have received lots of positive feedback, but would really like to get it in the hands of a wider audience to get as much input as possible, so I can make it push it to its full potential.

I would greatly appreciate anyone that took the time to check it out, and offer me their thought to help me improve the site.

Here is the link: http://searchhitsshows.com

Thanks in advance!

It may be because I am on my phone, but I can’t get a good answer on if the person I’m searching for or not is coming up. I just keep getting the same classes, hunters, that she isn’t entered in.

Also, as someone who is disgusted by feet, the sandals/feet picture for clicking on Thermal makes my stomach turn. Silly, I know.

thats a good point, there should be some indication as to the search returning no results. i will look into that!

I agree with Belmont about the feet!

Otherwise, a very helpful resources because the HITS site is super non-user friendly. My only suggestion for improvement is a # competed in the results tabs.

I’d appreciate being able to see all the classes for a horse or rider the entire circuit instead of going day by day – as is, I’m not sure how this differs from the results search on the HITS website. At least on their website I can see the whole week, not just one day’s worth of classes.

[QUOTE=BostonHJ;8505409]
I agree with Belmont about the feet!

Otherwise, a very helpful resources because the HITS site is super non-user friendly. My only suggestion for improvement is a # competed in the results tabs.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, the hits site only give the top results for the class, not the whole list so i have no way of knowing how many competed.

I have a better photo for hits in the works, just won’t be able to get my hands on it until the weekend unfortunately

[QUOTE=541hunter;8505416]
I’d appreciate being able to see all the classes for a horse or rider the entire circuit instead of going day by day – as is, I’m not sure how this differs from the results search on the HITS website. At least on their website I can see the whole week, not just one day’s worth of classes.[/QUOTE]

I have a page for searching by the week for all the records they have online in the works, just not quite finished it yet. my reasoning behind doing the day by day first is it makes my life way easier trying to keep track of my friends at the show from home. mildly selfish ill admit

[QUOTE=justinprather;8505422]
I have a page for searching by the week for all the records they have online in the works, just not quite finished it yet. my reasoning behind doing the day by day first is it makes my life way easier trying to keep track of my friends at the show from home. mildly selfish ill admit[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. I would love an option to search more than week by week – I often forget who shows what week, so it’d be nice to be able just to search a name for the whole circuit and see all the results at once.

How does one look for results of one section e.g. 1st year or one class?

Search by owner a possibility?

[QUOTE=handwalk;8505611]
How does one look for results of one section e.g. 1st year or one class?[/QUOTE]

Honestly the best way would be through the official hits site if you are looking for a specific division or class. http://hits.showmanagementsystem.com/ if you wanted to do it through my site the options are to either leave the search field blank, which will display all entries in all classes, or to search for an individual and select the show all classes check box, which will show all class headings with a button to display the list, and will display the name you searched for under class headings where they are found.

[QUOTE=fourfillies;8505643]
Search by owner a possibility?[/QUOTE]

absolutely! just enter the owner name in the search field. i will amend the place holder to say horse, rider or owner so that is more clear

Thanks!

So much easier than the official site… Thank you. I do wish I could search by trainer.

Very handy! Thanks

My guess is that a trainer search isn’t available bc the HITS site doesn’t have that data. Hence the OP’s site can’t query for it as it’s not there.

OP, are you interested in more users? I could post it on my Facebook.

[QUOTE=Peggy;8505957]
Very handy! Thanks

My guess is that a trainer search isn’t available bc the HITS site doesn’t have that data. Hence the OP’s site can’t query for it as it’s not there.

OP, are you interested in more users? I could post it on my Facebook.[/QUOTE]

You’re right about trainer search and it not being available from hits, but you can list multiple names separated by commas to search more than one person/horse at a time. Not quite the same but better than nothing.

I would hugely appreciate any sharing, Facebook or otherwise.

[QUOTE=Belmont;8505404]
It may be because I am on my phone, but I can’t get a good answer on if the person I’m searching for or not is coming up. I just keep getting the same classes, hunters, that she isn’t entered in.

Also, as someone who is disgusted by feet, the sandals/feet picture for clicking on Thermal makes my stomach turn. Silly, I know.[/QUOTE]

Great news! The feet are gone for good!

[QUOTE=justinprather;8508472]
Great news! The feet are gone for good![/QUOTE]

HORRAY! I will be using your site a ton the next two weeks as my friends get to Thermal!

As someone trying to keep up with 30+ horses showing between Thermal & Ocala I cannot wait to try this and cannot thank you enough! I’ve been head:desking that SMS interface ever since they overhauled it and went backwards in functionality. In the old system as at least once you finally found the horse you could click it and bring up all its results. It boggles the mind that they removed this functionality in the re-vamp, and it drives me batty that so many major shows have gone with this platform.

Alternatively ShowGroundsLive, the system in place for WEF, Tryon, Tbird and several others, is outstanding. If you are a show manager looking for a system it’s a great one, as is HorseShowsOnline. Even the super simplistic HorseShowTime is far more front-end friendly.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Just wanted to let you know that I tried it this AM to see classes my friends are in, and it worked like a dream.