Updated barisone lawsuit 10/29/21 post 851

This was part of the issue with Cosby, was it not? One prosecutor offered immunity from further prosecution, but a subsequent person went ahead with the trial in which he was convicted, is that right?

2 Likes

When you are in recovery (which you never leave unless you relapse) you are an addict.
“Addict” isn’t a bad word. It’s honest.

Whether you’re using, or in recovery, you’re still an addict and the threat you pose depends on how well (g)you manage and commit to the recovery and sobriety.

Plenty of people in Recovery who’s lives are a hot mess, who are “working” the system of recovery, rather than working the steps, and behaving as badly as they had while actively using.

13 Likes

:shark: is this close enough?

12 Likes

Understand your position.

:unamused: It is an ‘unamused’ face, sometimes used for ‘snark’.

I love your shark find Ghazzu.

5 Likes

Here’s the post I was referring to, in which LK states they were the ones who called the inspectors.

https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/court-date-for-michael-barisone/761824/870?u=jenerationx

4 Likes

Thank the gods.so she was banned for repeatedly posting that she didn’t get why she was restricted from current events, and for repeatedly disagreeing with the moderation about not working out who identities are on the board. Seems to me that lala’s confessions to subpeona-ing coth to reveal identities would fall under the same infraction. Dunno, just a thought.

15 Likes

As I said on the other thread before it got locked, I really don’t understand the idea of banning someone from just one forum of the BB. If somebody behaves in a way that deserves a ban in one section, why would anyone think they will behave any differently just because they are in a different forum?

12 Likes

I’m also a wee bit concerned about JumpinQueen. Seems odd that some new greenie has stumbled on this story and ploughed through THOUSANDS of posts, yet still doesn’t seem to understand anything without running it past her “Facebook Group”. I have a raised eyebrow.

27 Likes

I believe there are several posters who have been restricted from the CE forum, because it seems to bring out the worst in some people, unlike places where the topic is horses.

7 Likes

Remember YD is suspended, not outright Banned.

1 Like

I too have a family member who was heavily addicted to heroine, from age 14 though her thirties. She tried to get suboxone, but was only able to get it on the streets, ironically. Methadone is as addictive as heroine, gives a high. and in our state, she couldn’t get them to taper her down to get off the methadone. They insisted on giving her a high dose, which kept her on methadone. She was picked up on an old warrant, which put her in jail for 6 months, during which she withdrew cold turkey. She has since gotten those charges dropped and is completing her masters in accounting, and I’m very very proud of her.

I Bring this up to say that in my state, if the police find drugs in your home (that the addict has hidden there), the homeowner is held responsible, and the property is seized and cab be forfeited to the state, even if the parent or homeowner had no knowledge of the drugs. If this is true in NJ, it’s another very valid reason for MB to want them off his property. If he knew of them using drugs on his property and allowed them to stay, there are varying degrees of culpability he might have faced if drugs were found. Imagine if he knew this, then come to find out those two had called a building inspector, and if during that inspection, they could have found drugs, I can imagine he was livid, and beside himself to get these bad actors off his property.

Suboxone has a street value. If there were boxes of it on his property, in the trash, it’s entirely possible they were dealing it as much as the possibility they were using it. If his property were seized because of them, everything he had was at risk, plus they were bringing his step children into it. It must have been a nightmare, and I have no doubt he wanted them gone.

15 Likes

No, she’s gone, removed access “from the site” now. Zip.

5 Likes

Also someone found the exact charge for Cox. Although I had 4th degree that encompasses multiple possibilities. The exact charge they cited wasn’t a defacement charge but involved other things. Exactly what we don’t know. The section is quoted either here or the remaining post in Dressage.

4 Likes

More than wee. Me, anyway, I think she’s one of LKs either family or besties.

8 Likes

AA calls it a “dry drunk”. The same selfish, destructive and accusatory behavior without the substance of choice.

As the parent of an addict, who was on suboxone and abused it, I can say that the addict can be very dishonest and a master at gaslighting and manipulation.
Sheilah

17 Likes

I’ve known 3 alcoholics/ addicts. All of them were functional as long as they had structure in their lives. Two of them fell apart when that structure was removed. I’ve lost track of the third.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly, and she/he is data mining for what people know. I would be extremely reluctant to respond to any questions there.

8 Likes

I agrees, liberal, about the jumping person.

4 Likes

So the gun WASN’T defaced?