Unlimited access >

Updated Devoucoux information

No idea when they switched manufacturing from France to Morocco but these foreign outsourced workshops don’t take orders or ship to customers but deal with a clearing house or warehouse operated by the parent company in their home country that then ships to retailers and individual customers from there. Those offshore factories and shops often make related things for more then one company and seldom carry those company names anywhere in their location. The question of who actually, physically made it can get quite complicated if you try to trace it back to point of origin.

If the parent company is in France and ships from there, that does not mean it was selected, tanned, cut, stitched and/or assembled in France.

i have two devoucoux saddles; one a 1995 and the other a 2007. both are nice quality and were purchased used for really good prices. the 1995 is currently out having the panels replaced by an independent saddler in my area as the original foam panels were in really bad shape. the 2007 is beautiful and fits both of my horses well. i haven’t had the opportunity to ride that much as of late, so i unfortunately can’t speak to the long term soundness/happiness of my horses and these saddles but i hope they’re as happy with them as i am.

i will say, i’ve had hit or miss responses from devoucoux when trying to find out information about the saddles i have, or when trying to see about ordering accessories. the french website directs me to a US rep who then totally failed to help me when i was trying to find a specific pad. :confused:

[QUOTE=EAY;8679048]
My understanding is that the new Devoucoux are being made in Morocco rather than in France and are not the same quality as the older ones.[/QUOTE]

My lovely Devoucoux saddle, made at the end of 2014, has “MADE IN FRANCE” etched on the back of the saddle flap with the other identifying information. This was just after the merger.

I do find it interesting that the Devoucoux saddles say “made in France” but the CWD say “cuir de France” meaning French leather, but no stamp indicating made in France.

Common misconception — Devoucoux was not bought by CWD. They have the same parent company LIM Group who owns DVX, CWD & Butet. The saddles are still made in Biarritz France.

Good thing you bumped a 2016 thread to tell us that?! :wink: