UPDATES! Michael Barisone Released! FREEDOM! Plus Insurance Settlement

I truly don’t know what would happen if the appeals court has already heard arguments. That initial commitment could still be reversed, and it would make case law for others in the same process, so even if it doesn’t change the outcome, I could see the process finishing.

Also based on what Taylor has done so far, I don’t see him going from “not a chance in hell” to unsupervised release in six months. Hence my comment about staying the course, I think he’s probably stubborn enough to think the appeals court wouldn’t reverse him.

10 Likes

Then he would also be living in a fantasy land along with LK. The appeals court has reversed him twice with Virginia Vertetis and finally got her out of his grasp since he proved his lack of ability to be fair and impartial (aka he proved to be vindictive in her sentencing) towards her.

25 Likes

Interestingly, I saw an episode of a show about Virginia Vertetis recently. I didn’t realize who it was until I heard the name.

5 Likes

If I remember correctly, there was a 48Hours show about her case

1 Like

That might have been it? I usually have 20/20 or something on in the background when I am working at home, so it could have come up in the playlist.

3 Likes

Fixed it for you. :grin:

23 Likes

Thank you for keeping us updated!

7 Likes

Tomorrow!

7 Likes

Today!

Jingles for team Michael.

33 Likes

Any updates? Did Anything happen?

2 Likes

We will not know and I don’t think Michael’s team will know until the team of judges hand down a decision. Then the decision may or may not be public information.

13 Likes

The decision will be available, published or not. It may not set precedent on other cases (though I think it widely will as this doesn’t get litigated much) but it will be available. How long it will take the pappeals court to produce a decision is the real question.

19 Likes

Thank you!

A dissent is also possible, where a judge disagrees with the majority outcome. Dissenting opinions are citable in future arguments or opinions, so they’re often valuable.

9 Likes

41 Likes

I hope to God that they let him loose. This is ridiculous, and that judge needs to remove the stick from wherever it’s causing him pain.

And, by the way, can someone tell me where Eggbutt is? PM me please. TIA!

33 Likes

Praying for justice and Michael’s release.

31 Likes

I hope FINALLY there is some good news for Michael.

23 Likes

Fingers crossed and waiting on pins and needles. I wonder if we’ll get another alter….

19 Likes

Someone was back to their old tricks on YT in the last day or so.

I’d say someone is worried.

12 Likes