UPDATES! Michael Barisone Released! FREEDOM! Plus Insurance Settlement

I’ll change the title of the thread when we do get an update, since I started it.

Meanwhile, more positivity…

26 Likes

To be clear, I was NOT referring to Eggbutt. Any one know what’s going on/why she hasn’t posted on any threads for so long?

But, sadly, this thread is now heading into bickering again. Can’t blame Eggbutt for that!

19 Likes

Just anticipating Michael’s triumphant release. Idle hands and all.

16 Likes

Second Rule of the Kanarek Club: try to discredit anyone who has correct information about the situation.

17 Likes

We removed some back-and-forth unrelated to the topic. Please avoid it going forward.

13 Likes

Are you worried MB might be released today?

14 Likes

If indeed he has not progressed up the levels one has to wonder why.

9 Likes

No. I have zero reason to be worried about MBs release, whether it happens today or ten years from now.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Fingers crossed for good news for MB today.

15 Likes

Hoping justice finally prevails and the judicial vendetta is ended by other powers that be.

23 Likes

Me neither. But I sure hope he is doing better mentally and on a path to an eventual recovery.

5 Likes

Just a PSA: it’s meting out information from ‘mete’, not metering out from ‘meter’.

19 Likes

Why would it be in ten years?

Multiple doctors strongly recommended outpatient therapy. Dr. Hasson stated MB isn’t a threat to himself or others and does not have mental illness. Ten years seems like wishful thinking on your part.

I believe MB will be out much, much sooner.

20 Likes

10 years is mean-spirited, delusion nonsense from people with a vendetta. That is all. As you say, it is their wishful thinking. Neutral my arse. :roll_eyes:

27 Likes

I’m hoping he’s home by Christmas this year. He should have been out 6 months from the trial if things had been done as they legally should have.

23 Likes

I have no basis for predicting when MB will be released, whether it is today, tomorrow, six months from now, in 10 years or in 30 years.

In response to a question from VHM, I answered that I was not “worried” that MB would be released today or in ten years.

There was no mention of 10 years as a prediction.

It is my hope that he is released as soon as the system determines it is safe for him to be released. I do not think there is a “judicial vendetta” against him.

It serves no one’s purpose that MB be confined longer than necessary. Not MB, not LK, and certainly not an anonymous lower level AA like me.

1 Like

Hahahahaha 10 years? You do realize he was found NGRI and NOT sentenced to a prison, right? Despite Judge Taylor and Schellhorn’s attempts to make this punitive, it’s not supposed to be a punitive process.

27 Likes

Given the crisis in terms of mental health care and lack of public resources and beds at inpatient treatment facilities impacting the entire country, it seems like it would be grossly irresponsible to keep a man who has been designated as not a threat to society by multiple psychiatric professionals involuntarily inpatient for 10 years.

It seems like most unbiased people can and should understand this.

22 Likes

???

He was not sentenced to prison and is not serving a prison sentence.

He was found NGRI and will be confined to a psychiatric hospital until he is released. I have no basis for predicting when that will be.

1 Like