Unlimited access >

UPDATET $1,895 to Horses in the Hood in Cactuskate's Name

Sold the first few boxes of books today before the sale officially opens - and got a check for $1,000 made out directly to the Horses in the Hood.

Second day update - another $285 in checks, and almost enough cash to cover my TENT COSTS!!!

PS to second day update - one of my friends (who drove up from NC with her husband to help - AND she doesn’t really ride, although she hunts with beagles & bassetts and her Aunt is an MB & huntsman for both foot hounds and foxhounds) - just added another $150 check to the stack - making today’s total $1,435 for the 2 days so far.

Today for the sale $1895. Have one person who is coming back and I haven’t priced two books…

Found the view, just a-lookin’ fer some $$$$

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Jul. 07, 2002 at 09:48 PM.]

ETBTW - you need to buy a copy of the horse story bibliography by Terri Wear. It isn’t complete, but pretty good (well, she missed ALICE O’CONNELL - mostly because she neglected to check with us book dealers before publication!) However, it is still good.

Send me a check to Horses in the Hood for $40 includes shipping), and I will make sure you get a copy. THEN you can look it UP!! LOL

(email me for particulars.!)

$1,435 and counting!!

That is so cool!!!

Weatherford -
Do you have any copies of The Pony Book ( Emerson Burr) ???
How about Horse Fever??
Lavinia Davis Books??
Enid Blyton??
Ill send ya a check !!
Luv2jump

I am despondent that I am not there

Way to go, Weatherford! What a fabulous donation.

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron

Ooooo, I forgot about The Pony Book. If you have two copies of that one, I get the second one!

Oh also:
de Nemethy’s book
Steinkraus’ newer one (or newer edition)
Prairie Lady (YA)
Kickapoo (YA - barrel racing)

There was a steamy teen romance novel I read in the 80s that I remember being moderately realistic on the horse end. I think it was called “The Thoroughbred.”

“And Max said, ‘NO!’”
– Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
*** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***

That is just EXCELLENT!!!
I am so sorry I can’t be there , but life as a vet and a holiday weekend to boot I just couldnt get the coverage. I was so hoping to be ble to get there and do some “damage” for the caue ( and of course get some Christmas shopping done at the same time.
Maybe if there is anything left,I can get a sniff some time of the remaining godies.
Glad it has cooled off for you !!
LUV2JUMP

You must forgive me, as I haven’t been paying much attention to the boards as of late (husband just diagnosed with acute case of Lyme). And I am seeing here mentions of books on horses.
Can somebody let me know what is going on? Horse books for sale?? I can’t miss out, “pant pant”. I am a horse book floozy!
It sounds like the proceeds are being donated in cactuskates name??
I have my checkbook ready-tell me what to do before I cry!!

Weatherford,

Are you taking requests for books?

Summer Pony
Young Rider and First Pony
Working Trot – Jessie Haas
Vicki & the Brown Mare
Vicki & the Black Horse
Clear Round!
Show Pony
Riding Logic
anything by GM
anything by Anna Jane White-Mullin

Any other cool books with old pictures in them!

“Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
– Shakespeare

“Oh please don’t go – we’ll eat you up, we love you so.”
– Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
*** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***

Sorry Stegall - there were lots of books for sale, and when what’s left go to dealers/auction, I will make sure you are on the auction house mailing list, if you sen me your snail mail name & addy.

J. Turner - the deNemethy is back in print and available (all mine were gone)
We do have the deNemthy Years (Rodenas - the bio)
we have Riding Logic
Judging H,J, E by Anna Jane White-Mullin (first edition)
HSEq by GM 1971 edition.

Luv2Jump - I have an early Lavania Davis called Hearts in Trim.

Sold the first few boxes of books today before the sale officially opens - and got a check for $1,000 made out directly to the Horses in the Hood.

Second day update - another $285 in checks, and almost enough cash to cover my TENT COSTS!!!

PS to second day update - one of my friends (who drove up from NC with her husband to help - AND she doesn’t really ride, although she hunts with beagles & bassetts and her Aunt is an MB & huntsman for both foot hounds and foxhounds) - just added another $150 check to the stack - making today’s total $1,435 for the 2 days so far.

Today for the sale $1895. Have one person who is coming back and I haven’t priced two books…

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Jul. 07, 2002 at 09:48 PM.]

Ooh ooh! I want to get on the request list.

I want the Fly By Night book and its sequel. They have these at my library back home but I have never found them anyplace else. (Of course, I don’t know who they’re BY, just where they are in the library. )

Also Dark Horse (I think?) by Jean Slaughter Doty.

“Because she’s got a tattoo, Hank. I think she could use a home-cooked meal.”

MCL

No Doty, I don’t think.

Will look for the others - I know I had Working Trot at one time, but who knows now.

Will give the list to my assistant (AND THE ONLY BB’er TO SHOW UP!!! ) JEANNETTE (formerly ponygrl) (Who is a great person!!!)

And that was only one customer and one day! Got two more days, and I hope LOTS of customers to go!

I am there in spirit
If you were a six hour drive, and not a six hour plane flight, the Bumpkinette and I would have come and helped you out

Wow! You’re a gem. Think of all the great things that $ will do to link up a kid with a horse.

Great job, Weatherford!

I am so sorry that I’m too far away to come and relieve you of some stock. By the way, Fly By Night is by British author, K.M. Peyton.

Wow, that is great!!!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

The book with a girl whose uncle dies and leaves her the rougue, Bluebird, and wonderful mare, Gazelle in his will.

There is a terrible barn fire and Gazelle is killed. She goes on to compete successfully with Bluebird, who “Loffs” her, and is reformed.

Or another, Dorothy Lyons Copper Khan.

Another - vaguely remembered from reading years ago. Something involving a horse crazy girl (surprise?) new to the neighborhood and an almost hermit like woman neighbor who has a crazy horse that killed/injured her daughter/relative (she has a round pen or indoor round ring in her barn). I seem to recall a beach…

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron