Unlimited access >

Uploaded Photos and Emojis are Broken

I would assume that previously uploaded photos will remain broken but photos uploaded since the fix are fine.

Let’s test it.

Nope, photos are still broken. Unless, apparently, they originate on Flicker, which is where the driving photos are. @Moderator_1 another piece of info for the tech guys. Guess that makes sense. Hosted elsewhere comes through, hosted here is busted.

This is adding a photo hosted elsewhere:

2 Likes

I too can not see the first photo posted by Simkie but can see the photo of the horse in the suit.

1 Like

Since this is going to be the next question, to add a photo hosted elsewhere to your post, you click on the photo upload icon, then click “from the web”, and paste in the url for the photo you’d like to add to your post. It will need to be publicly available–pics that only your friends can see on FB, for example, wont show up here.

You can also just paste the image url–it will end in .jpg or another image format, if it ends in .com it’s not a direct link to the image–directly into the post.

Darn, the easiness of photo posting was one of the things that was so wonderful here. I sure hope they fix it and do not leave us back to needing to finding a hosting site.

1 Like

Cause and effect works in mysterious ways.

Maybe is the filters here, the pictures that have properly suited, classy subjects come thru, not so with sloppy dressers? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hahahahahaha

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

@Simkie do both of the pics I uploaded work?

Yep, how did you manage that, go back in time to when they did upload? :thinking:

Those ears kill you.

One has a sweet, soft expression, the other one is wondering if he needs to tell us a joke.

Yep. Those are hosted on FB and public? You should be good to go :slight_smile:

Hosted on FB but set to friends only! I right clicked and copied image URL, was surprised it worked!

I’m sorry for the hassle with photos. We share a tech department with all of the other businesses owned by the Chronicle’s owner, and they are working on some other projects at the moment. Hopefully, we’ll make our way into the schedule shortly!

4 Likes

Thank you for keeping us updated @Moderator_1!

Silly them think there is something more important that the cuteness of Burritos and Kittens.

5 Likes

It looks like they fixed something! Thank you @Moderator_1 and the developers! I can see cuteness again.

1 Like

Yes, seems fixed for good now.
Thank you Moderator for getting it done and the woking cyberbees for fixing the problem.

Those were sorely missed functions, now we have them back, thanks!

2 Likes