Unlimited access >

Used Western Saddles - still saddle shopping

I spent today looking at and sitting in several western saddles. I like the circle y trail saddle but a new one would stretch my budget. I am still looking options but can anyone recommend some online used western saddle sites with good customer service and used saddle selection that I could try?

Does anyone have experience with horsesaddleshop.com?

[QUOTE=Bopper;8111926]
Does anyone have experience with horsesaddleshop.com?[/QUOTE]

I bought 6 saddles from them, love them. I downloaded the templates to get the correct tree size for my horses. Customer service was a big help with my one hard-to-fit horse. I also had a couple of the saddles customized for me.

If you don’t find what you want there, http://www.cowdogsaddles.com/ very nice saddles they know how to fit most anyone with, horses and people and let people try them before buying.

If you are an English rider trying to like western saddles because you really need to ride in one of those, be aware that it may take a bit to get used to them.
Some of us never quite do, too much between horse and rider.

I have worked with horsesaddleshop.com and they are very helpful and have a lot of resources on their site, as well as a ‘saddle expert’ who can help you fit yourself and your horse.

I would suggest shopping locally for a western saddle to make sure it fits your horse and you. Feed shops as well as tack shops often carry used as well as new saddles. And the proprietor might know of other saddles for sale locally that are not actually in the store itself.

When I switched to a western saddle I bought a synthetic one (Big Horn) because it was the one I liked best of all the ones I had tried that friends were selling. I also tried three leather ones and another synthetic, all of which fit me and horse, but I liked the Big Horn one best because it was comfortable for us both and was very lightweight and I could feel the horse. There was not a lot of leather between us, and no heavy stiff fenders. And no Blevins buckles!