Unlimited access >

USEF Amateur Survey

The USEF sent out an email to members with a survey on possible changes to the amateur rule.

The deadline to fill out the survey is Thursday, September 16th. There will be a webinar on the subject next week on Wednesday, September 22nd at 5:30 PM Eastern.

1 Like

See parallel thread under Dressage.

There is a strange disconnect in all of these discussions because people are not sure what they want an amateur rule to do. Is it designed to divide people based on riding ability? Or is it meant to divide people based on how they earn a living?

If it’s the second thing, I actually think the current rule is pretty good, and the proposed changes don’t make a ton of sense to me.

If USEF wants a rule that’s about ability, it needs to think way bigger than this.

I actually don’t have a very strong view about which approach is better. But I do think that, as long as we are going to have an amateur rule that is about earning money in the industry, it should be internally consistent and focused on simple rules that aid enforcement and discourage cheating.

1 Like