Unlimited access >

USEF Medal Final Live Stream, Sunday, 10/17 @ 7:00AM

The class will be on the USEF Network with about 220 entries. If you need the free USEF fan membership to watch it, the coupon code is usefmedal21.

According to the prize list, the judges will be Geoff Teall, Tom Brennan, and Emil Spadone.

Typically they post a standby for the second round, with about 25 riders in it, which is updated after every 50 or so rounds during the drag breaks. Then the top 4–6 or so are called back for the additional testing after the second round. The tentative schedule has the final round listed for 4:00 PM.

I have not yet come across the order of go with the names of the trainers attached, so if anyone finds that, please feel free to post it.

Live stream with commentary by Diane Carney, Oliver Kennedy, and 2016 Medal winner TJ O’Mara here:

Order of go here:
https://pnhs.showmanagementsystem.com/start_order/get/5caf9b02-ea38-11eb-9db9-d5d29fa55cdd/SMS-BCL-W3sibGFiZWwiOiJIT01FIiwidXJsIjoiaG9tZVwvZ2V0X2hvcnNlX3Nob3dfZm9yX2RhdGVcLzI2OTUxZDA4LWVhM2MtMTFlYi05NTI0LTEyMmZjNDc5MmI1MVwvMjAyMS0xMC0xNyIsImxldmVsX2lkIjoiNjE2YmU1MDk5NWY3ZCJ9XQ==

Does anyone have the course?

Audrey Schulze just put in quite a nice round on Mac One III. He won this class with Taylor Madden last year. It’s early yet, but I think she comes back.

Chronicle has it!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I love this track! I told my trainer I want to build a variation of it in our ring this week.

Wow, I love Hensley Humphries’ Imaginator! A good chestnut with chrome makes me melt :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That was beautiful. They answered all those adjustability and track questions and his rhythm never. changed.

Mimi Frei’s horse is gorgeous. Beautiful flaxen mane and tail - don’t see that too often!

1 Like

So far I think is a great, great course for this class. The less experienced riders and horses who come in and biff something have been able to figure it out and have a better finish than their start.

3 Likes

Is the feed a bit choppy for anyone else? Mine is jumping around quite a bit, but I’m not sure if it is the feed, or my Internet connection.

It’s been a little skippy for me too.

Funny enough, I noticed the same thing on my computer, but I watched the first 10 or so on my phone and didn’t have the same problem on that device. Did you notice a change in quality at around that mark or has it been the same for you?

Funny, mine was skipping on my phone but it seems to have stopped on my computer.

Boy, Jake Endicott finished that nice and soft. I didn’t love the first half of the trip enough that I expect to see them again later, but the rhythm and flow in the back half were lovely.

I think I would like Diane Carney to offer a little less commentary so we could focus on the trip over the dialogue, and also to think about the color of natural sheepskin as opposed to synthetic fleece.

6 Likes

It seems a bit better now. I’ve been watching on my tablet, and was debating whether to try it on my phone instead, but it seems smoother now. Fingers crossed.

I love Oliver Kennedy’s optimism. “Only 201 more rounds to go!” Lol.

Eva Fisherman is so tall she makes that petite blood-looking horse look like a pony! Can someone refresh my memory on whether that’s been her usual ride this year?

For those who are trying to plan their schedule for watching specific riders in the order, it took them about an hour to get through the first 25 rounds. Plus there will be a few minutes added throughout the day for the drag breaks after every 50 trips.

2 Likes

Agreed. I did appreciate the explanation of why they chose to add numbers at Medal Finals - so that the kids don’t have to memorize the numbers of the jumps in order to understand the course for the test.

Yes, that was an interesting tidbit.