Unlimited access >

Vaccines arrived warm

Has anyone had issues with ordering vaccines from valley vet?

They put the ice packs on the bottom but bubble wrapped all the vaccines individually so the ones on top of the box are quite warm. Temperature was 75 degrees in the top section of the box.

This is why I don’t buy vaccines that have to be shipped. I don’t trust that they will stay cold during shipping. I get my vaccines (except for rabies) from my vets (horse and cat/dog vets), and both are happy to sell them to me. I put them in a cooler for the short trip home, and then either give them immediately or put them in the fridge.

Have you called Valley Vet to ask that they replace the warm vaccines?

6 Likes

I can’t call them until morning. The vaccines arrived at 6:30pm and customer service only works until 5 pm.

The one thing they did put on ice was the dewormer. I don’t need my dewormer cold. If the dewormer was the vaccines it would be fine! The dewormer was ice cold.

I’ve ordered online for years and this is the first time I’ve had problems.

1 Like

VV has always been really good. I am sure they will correct this. It sounds like whoever packed this ordered mixed up the vaccines vs wormer.
Obviously, don’t use the warm vaccines. Keep us posted on how they resolve the issue for you.

1 Like

They suggested sending them back and they will refund me. I’m sure they just do that to weed out potential fraud.

I didn’t want to risk reshipping as they would probably get here about the same time and my stop is at the end of the route so they would be in the delivery truck all day in Florida heat. It hasn’t been super warm but a truck sitting in the sun for most of the day is warm enough. If they doubled or tripled the ice maybe, but probably not worth the risk. I think they just failed to put enough ice and packed it the wrong way. But the staff should know how to pack vaccines?

1 Like

I had problems with them shipping Adequan to me and it arriving warm. I spoke with my vet and he thought it would be fine, but I was not happy that a $450 product was not packed well enough to keep cold.

1 Like

Adequan does not require refrigeration.

8 Likes

I order earlier in the year when it’s still refrigerator temps to try to set everything up to stay cold, but can see how that’s tough living in Florida!

I’ve been ordering from Santa Cruz the past couple years rather than Valley Vet. They sent the vaccines in a Styrofoam cooler, with ice. Maybe an option?

You can also request that your package be held at the shipping depot, rather than put on the truck for delivery. Then you can pick up first thing in the morning.

1 Like

In the end staff are as human as the rest of us. Sucks, but mistakes get made. Now, don’t get me wrong, I would have sworn a blue streak that the neighbours probably would have heard, but in the end, as long as the company was willing to right their mistake, meh, crap happens.

1 Like

No, but it has a temperature range if I remember correctly top end is 77 degrees. It was significantly warmer than that when it arrived.

:“Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F); excursions permitted to 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
(See USP Controlled Room Temperature). Avoid prolonged exposure to temperatures  40°C (104°F).”

1 Like

We have four months here where temps range from 100 to 110. This was delivered on a 105 degree day and was flat out hot when it arrived. I wasn’t pleased.

1 Like