Unlimited access >

Viscount (by Valentino) Any thoughts?

I have an exceptional AHS approved TB mare due in april with a Viscount, I am incredibly excited about this cross and excitement from others is as well. If you go on youtube, there are plenty of videos of his offspring. he seems to be reliably opening up the shoulder, excellent neck set and head.

Mare took on 1/2 dose of frozen as well :slight_smile:

Foxtrot, did you ever breed your riverman daughter to him? I am considering breeding mine to him and wanted to see how you liked the cross. My mates dam line in Capitol 1.

any updated photos of this TB x Viscount foal? I have a AHS TB mare who I am playing with the idea of breeding to Viscount. Just wondering what you think Viscount improved on your mare, how tall the foal is now and how tall the dam is? thanks!!

Ive got a 2yr old by Viscount from and WBxTB (G-Line) Mare.

-He’s got 3 above average paces has improved the trot (mare already had v good walk/canter)

• improved the head
  • looks set to be 17-17.1 mare is 16.2
  • has great legs and feet but in saying that mare is exceptional in this area and her foals have all been perfect
  • great mind very trainable and sensible
  • hes a medium frame and compact with strong back and topline and appears to gallop well out in the paddock

I am overall very happy with this guy and see him as being very multipurpose type

What do you think of viscount as a hunter sire?

He has a number of offspring showing successfully in the hunters. If you go to USEF you can search horses by sire and find a bunch of them. He certainly can produce hunters but it will also depend on what your mare or the mare he was bred to brought or brings to the table herself.

1 Like