Unlimited access >

Vitamin/Mineral Supplement

I always start with a tiny amount of supplement and work up to the full amount over a couple of weeks.

I am generous with my marshes. One horse will turn her mash pan over so the mash drains if it’s too wet.

I also use powders and mix them in at the last minute very thoroughly.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! She seems to like everything else in the mash except the actual supplement, she’s great at picking it out before eating the rest even though there’s only a tiny amount mixed thoroughly. Hopefully she’ll like one of the samples, if not I’ll order some of the other ones mentioned!

My horse will eat the Omneity premix but not the pellets

1 Like

I did ask Mad Barn about that, just in case the texture might’ve been a little easier to hide! They said that horses typically prefer the pellets over the premix though so I haven’t ordered that yet

Barn Bag is the only one I’ve had any luck with. I’m a bit surprised as the odor (at least to me) is much worse than most. When I’ve tried others, I add just a tiny, tiny amount and it’s still a fail. Edited to add Life Data sent me a very generous sample when I called.

1 Like

I’m having luck with the TripleCrown Balancer. Never a pellet left.

1 Like

My mare is a fan of Horsetech High Point Grass Pellets. A serving is 1/2 cup per day.

1 Like