Vitrectomy for macular hole, how long before you could ride- Update, I can ride now!

If anyone has any information to share, either from personal experience or knowing someone who has had this, please share, thanks!
Jeanie
ETA - I had my 7 weeks post-op checkup Friday Jan 18th, and the Opthalmologist said I can ride again now, yay!

My sister (definitely not a rider) had a macular hole and had the surgery. She made it through several weeks of keeping her head down with the help of a friend who moved in with her. She had some sort of special chair that gave her the support she needed, especially when sleeping. She was able to work from home, but I think it was a month of so before she was out and about, including work. Airline travel was out of the picture for several months. I admire her tenacity during the recuperation.

I wish you the best and hope things go smoothly.

Thanks, I did the face-down thing already. Surgery was Dec 11, and on Dec 21 checkup Doctor said eye is looking good, but freaked out when I asked about when I could ride again. He did say it is OK to drive a car though.