Unlimited access >

Voltaire Dressage saddle repair question

I could use some advice. My beloved Voltaire Adelaide developed some bumps in the channel after 4 years of weekend use and good care. My rep responded quickly and I sent it for repair. The tree was great, the rivets were great, but the bumps were due to the flaps not being put in correctly in the original construction and they were pushing through. It was fixed. When I got it back there was a kind of big gap between the gullet channel and the panel in one spot. I could fit the fingers in it up to the first joint. When I told the rep he said the saddle technician said that it was fine and did not affect the integrity of the saddle. The rep also said it would not affect the value should I ever want to sell it. I sent a polite email of concern to Voltaire and got a quick response. She said the wrinkles in the fabric of the channel were probably because the fabric had stretched over time and when repairs were made it didn’t lay flat. No big deal. She offered to make a new gullet channel if I wanted. That seems like a lot of work for something that is probably not damaged. I believe them. I just want to know why the saddle is like that now. I took meticulous care of it and it troubles me that now there is that weirdness. I’m afraid that replacing the gullet might result in some additional problem. Perhaps I should just be happy I have it back and it’s fully functional. I would appreciate opinions on what others would choose to do. I love the saddle. It’s grippy, it’s very comfortable, they made it to fit my size, it fits a lot of horses. Nothing I don’t like about it.