Unlimited access >

Voltaire Saddles

This might be a silly question but why not!
I love my Voltaire Lexington and it’s a 17.5 with a 2aa flap. I had it professionally fitted for me by Voltaire. I’ve always wanted the Adelaide dressage saddle. I did just buy a new custom Erreplus Elevation WR that I’m happy with. But it’s custom fit to my horse that just received a career ending diagnosis and I only got to ride in it a few times before he was diagnosed. (I still ride in it doing his rehab)
I figure I can watch the market and see if an Adelaide ever becomes available because sometimes I see them selling for really good prices second hand.

So if the Lexington is 17.5 2aa flap, how would that correspond to the Adelaide? I’m sure the seat size doesn’t change but what about the flap options?
I can email Voltaire but I figure I would ask my friends here to see if they have any personal experience or knowledge. Including pics of my Erreplus and my Lexington for reference:)

I have a Voltaire Adelaide dressage saddle. I find they ride small. I have an 18" L flap. I can also do a regular flap. It fits me fine but I don’t feel I can go smaller. I am 5’4" on a tall day. Sometimes I measure 5’3". I am 132 pounds. So not super petite but on the smaller side of average.
I have had 2 both size 18 and rode in my trainer’s which was an 18. I love them.

Mine is for sale since it does not fit my guy. I am about to pick it up from the local consignment place and send to somewhere else. It has been sitting at the current place since May with no real nibbles. They are out there.

3 Likes

I too am selling my Voltaire Adelaide, I just brought it down here to Wellington to get it to a larger audience. They are definitely out there

1 Like

That is super petite. Gawd I must be a 20 in one of those…

Mine is an 18 and I swim in it. I am 5’ 8” 150.

2 Likes

I am long from knee to hip. My 5’11 instructor rode in it fine. My other 5’10 instructor feels it rides small. I think it has a very specific spot it puts you in. I think my flaps are a touch straight.