Unlimited access >

Wanted Ad Help

I am wanting a second opinion on my wanted ad I am about to send out to see if I am either lacking information/requirements or have too many requirements. ATM I haven’t sorted out a budget so I know that is missing, thanks…

AD/

Wanted to buy or lease with option to buy
16.2hh +
4-9 years old
Gelding preferred
Basic flat and jumping ideally should be established
TB, WB or TB/WB cross preferred (no SBs please)
Suitable for eventing to go “all the way”
Experienced, caring home guaranteed (references available)

If you are posting on an eventing site, sounds OK as is. (I don’t event so take this FWIW).

If on a general site:

Wanted to buy or lease with option to buy:
EVENTER
16.2h +
4-9 years old
Gelding preferred
Basic flat and jumping ideally should be established
TB, WB or TB/WB cross preferred (no SBs please)
Suitable for eventing to go “all the way”

I never put “hh” – it’s obviously “hands,” and the “high” is unnecessary because it’s never “low”! :wink:

Thanks, I’m a very experienced rider and horse buyer but I can never remember to add or subtract details from my wanted ads from my written requirements/wants :sadsmile:

I might substitute something more concrete for “suitable for eventing to go all the way.” Maybe “potential for upper-level/Advanced/4* eventing”? Or whatever specific criteria are most important to you (talented jumper, bold, etc–I’m no upper-level eventer so I don’t know what you look for, sorry). Sellers not experienced in eventing may not know what suggests the potential you’re looking for.

Do you want to include anything about temperament or your level of experience?

you’ll really need a budget, as that will parse the wheat from the chaff; clarification also on the level you are looking for “all the way” – all the way to what, novice? four star?

there’s a big difference in price for those horses. i’ll just throw out some horses in my area that I see, with their prices:
8 y/o TB, prelim potential, WTC solid BN courses, no show record: 8k
8 y/o TB, prelim potential, N-T show record: 15k
8 y/o TB, ** potential, no show record but at UL barn: 12k
8 y/o TB, prelim potential, Novice packer w/ some Training mileage: 30k
8 y/o TB, ** potential, N-Prelim show record: 30k

I would definitely put what your budget is and where you are located. Also, if you plan to post it somewhere (like Facebook) that has members from all over the US - definitely state how far you are willing to travel. “Within 2 hours of Baltimore,” that type of thing. I’m selling so if I see an ISO the above are the first things I look for, so long as the rest of the ad meets the description. I don’t want to waste anyones time if I’m out of the way or out of their price range.

Try tweeking this

ISO Eventer/Prospect to buy or lease with option to buy:
Price range of???
Location ???
Experienced Rider
16.2h +
4-9 years old
Gelding preferred
Ideally looking for a horse who has good basic flat and jumping. XC experiance a plus.
TB, WB or TB/WB X preferred (no SBs please)
Looking for a horse that is showing UL skills, good uphill gaits, and jump scope, brave but not stupid.
Horse will be vetted, previous xrays appreciated.
Please PM or email picture price location and videos

I’m based in Australia :wink: At the moment we are still working on the budget :slight_smile: