Unlimited access >

Waredaca October Prelim

I was wondering if anyone can provide insight on the prelim course at Waredaca in October. How would you rate it in terms of difficulty? Events these days are all writing “average with experience” which provides no valuable information and is often misleading, I have found! I need to decide whether to enter or not, so any help would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Ducati;8888749]
I was wondering if anyone can provide insight on the prelim course at Waredaca in October. How would you rate it in terms of difficulty? Events these days are all writing “average with experience” which provides no valuable information and is often misleading, I have found! I need to decide whether to enter or not, so any help would be much appreciated! :)[/QUOTE]

It is typically “average”. Generally all the typical questions. I wouldn’t say it is way hard but I wouldn’t call it soft either. The footing is either really good…or mud city. Stadium is usually not that tough but some horses find that ring distracting…but if you have competed there before you know the ring.

It’s not what I’d call a forward, galloping course… there’s not a ton of space and a it’s got some pretty decent hills. They’ve reused the same elements year after year (please get rid of that up/down bank 180 degree turn question!), so hopefully they’ve come up with some new stuff.

Following…my son is making his Prelim debut at this event. He’s not worried, but me being a mom sure is :slight_smile:

Wondering if they’re still doing a P/T division – I decided to bump my entry down from Prelim since horsey is not as fit as I’d like him to be, but the division seems to have disappeared from the Entry Stats list.

I’ve done the October P there a couple of times for end-of-season T-P move-ups and I thought it was great. All the questions you prepare for in a move-up, nothing out-of-the-ordinary. Very fair.

[QUOTE=flyingchange;8895979]
I’ve done the October P there a couple of times for end-of-season T-P move-ups and I thought it was great. All the questions you prepare for in a move-up, nothing out-of-the-ordinary. Very fair.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I think average is a good way to describe it, good for a move-up as long as you don’t mind some terrain. I’ve never seen anything super technical- usually a few turning questions, combination with a bank and a skinny, that sort of thing. They usually have a full coffin and it rides well. Not a gallopy course, but pretty straightforward and not trappy. I think the most difficult thing I’ve encountered on there was a decent sized jump in the water (water to water) on a tricky line but that might have been on intermediate, not prelim- can’t recall.

Some horses find the SJ ring spooky, but I like the way it rides. I have a hot horse so the busy ring helps keep his mind occupied.