Unlimited access >

Watching Kentucky on demand?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been covered in the another thread, but do you need to pay for ClipMyHorse premium to watch Kentucky on demand? I’d love to watch the 4*S but looks like I can’t without paying…

The cross country 4* is over, so unless you pay you can’t watch the replay. But you can watch the 5* cross country live without paying. It will be on at 1pm eastern

If you have some form of paid active USE membership (and your USE account is properly linked to USEF Network on ClipMyHorse), you can watch on demand. I was able to renew my subscriber USE membership (normally $25) for 12.50 (using the Kentucky code) and am able to watch on demand.

Thanks! what’s the Kentucky code?

Here is the code: USEFK3DE2024

3 Likes

I upgraded to a paid for USEF and relinked and haven’t gotten the replay to work. Cleared my cache, reloaded everything, and tried again – still no dice. I know we don’t have all of ClipMyHorse without a ClipMyHorse account, but I did think we should have Kentucky with a paid USEF (but not ClipMyHorse) membership. @Ashleah am I wrong there that we get at least Kentucky 3DE archived, or no, with USEF paid membership? Thanks for your help and patience.

I am having the exact same experience! Super frustrating.

I’ve said this elsewhere but if Clip My Horse has one hater, it’s me. I am so tired of this stupid website and beyond annoyed at USEF’s decision to use them as one of, if not the, only way to watch live equestrian events.

I know their reasoning was that it would “open up the equestrian world” to others but my experience, at least, has been the opposite. I can’t even watch replays without being told I’m not actually an account member (I am). Clearing my cache, history, logging out, etc nothing works. It’s just such a shame that this is our only option.

6 Likes

I will step in for Ashleah to answer. Related to on demand coverage (like Thursday-Saturday of #K3DE)

USEF members and subscribers – can watch all USEF Network on-demand content.

USEF fans – Cannot view on-demand coverage. You will need to upgrade to a USEF subscriber membership ($25 per year) to view on-demand coverage. You do not need to upgrade CMH subscribing level, just USEF subscribing level to view on demand coverage.

I am a groom and am desperate to watch my horse’s rounds from today. I am a USEF member. How the heck can I do this? Every time I click into USEF Network and click into Kentucky it tells me to log into clipmyhorse and pay for it. Or it pulls up an ad and then tells me I’m not a member. This system is so unfriendly - I miss the old one. I’ve missed my horses’ rounds for two years running…

2 Likes

But the thing is, as I stated, I DID upgrade to PAID SUBSCRIBER USEF membership, and still cannot get archived usef content. So how do I do that, @zack_from_usef ? or @Ashleah ?

Thank you!

1 Like

EXACTLY! Just what coffeehag says.

1 Like

I am so sorry for not fully answering your question. My recommendation would be to call the USEF Member Services team (859-810-8733) between 10am and 3:00pm eastern time tomorrow. They will be able to assist with getting you logged on.

I am sorry you are having problems logging on. The following is a link to instructions for each type of device you could watch from: https://www.usef.org/forms-pubs/zGPuqjjno0g.

One thing to note…your CLIPMYHORSE account and login credentials are separate from your USEF.ORG account and login credentials.

If somewhere there were clear instructions that actually worked on how to do this, that someone from USEF had actually tested it from an outsider’s perspective, like you do when you at developing real software, it would make a whole lot of sense.

Personally, as a fully paid up competing member of USEF of many years standing, I dont want to have to call the office and be talked through how to do this. I’ve got other things to do.

And its ridiculous to come on to a thread like this and tell people that they need to call the office to get access, which is what this amounts to. How many calls do you want to field rather than just making it an easy thing to do by putting simple, easily accessible instructions in writing somewhere?

I feel largely shut out of watching Equestrian sport unless I’m prepared to pay yet another fee to yet another organization to do so. Because what USEF says is going to work just doesn’t.

I just want simple written instructions that work, please!

2 Likes

Hi Zack, just a few thoughts on this process. It is very much not seamless, and leaves a bad impression on USEF and especially your choice to partner with CMH.

1). What’s the point of ‘linking’ to your USEF account, if you need to create a separate password? Yes, it’s probably for security reasons, but there would be an easier way and a better way to phrase it, and less confusing for your end user. Why not just use your USEF ID as the login and create a new password on CMH, for example? All the connection and data sharing would be behind the scenes, and a more user-friendly log in.

1. Then again, for multiple people on multiple devices, the ‘linking’ simply did not work. On the USEF side, after you clicked the video link, sometimes it would open CMH in a new tab window and sometimes it would open it in the same tab window. There was an inconsistency in the prompt. And, then I experienced multiple times that CMH simply never asked for me to create a new password. I think many people experienced this. It would open in CMH, you’d click the video window for the live stream, and it would play a commercial and a second of the event then a pop up window would tell me to log in to my CMH account or link to my USEF account, but even clicking the link prompt, nothing would happen and it would play the commercial again, then the same pop up would ask me to log in or link. This was on multiple devices, in multiple browsers.

2. Once I was able to log in, once the prompts all worked the way you planned them to, CMH wouldn’t retain that log in data and you’d have to do it all over again, and it would again throw the error that my account wasn’t linked, but yet never prompted me to create a new password.

It seems you guys tried to mitigate the confusion by having the basic instructions ready (like, in a perfect scenario, these are the steps), being on the forums, etc, but the real issue was on CMH’s side. They should have had tech help available. From the end user, whether it’s true or not, it appears to be a problem with CMH. It just feels like it wasn’t tested properly, and it was a cobbled together attempt to inexplicably link USEF data to CMH.

So, who knows if it will work today?

Trust me, I know I’m complaining about a ‘free’ technology, but you’re getting my user data in exchange, so I kinda feel I can express my frustration. Having said that, once it worked, it performed its basic service of providing a live stream well enough, and I was able to watch. Would I feel comfortable giving CMH my payment card details? Absolutely not. It feels overall too buggy and unprofessional.

5 Likes

Maybe I was holding my tongue just right while the moon was in its proper phase, but I reset my ClipMyHorse password after going to their site via usef.org, and [holding my breath] I was able to watch the 4* archive! So maybe something about that password reset made the system recognize my usef status as far as letting me see usef coverage.

Weirdly enough, though, my ClipMyHorse account page was already showing that I’m a paid usef subscriber member, but nevertheless was still blocking my usef video access until the password reset. Bizarre. Hope it still works tomorrow!

1 Like

And frankly, what’s more frustrating, is that I’m wicked tech-savvy. I’ve taught myself Photoshop and deal with tech on a daily basis. This isn’t a situation where I don’t know how to clear my cache. This is a situation where not only is a site’s UX design piss poor, but the site itself seldom works.

The subscription cost is heinous. You’re telling me my husband can pay ~$15/mo for the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN bundle and the singular cost for CMHTV starts at $19/mo? The price would be worth it if the UX design and TV Guide actually made sense, or if I wasn’t being told to get a membership even though I’m already one.

In this day and age, it’s not rocket science to have a streaming service that actually works, so I’m not sure why CMH is out here acting like it is. Frankly, USEF and CMHTV should both be embarrassed at the quality of the service they’re offering.

4 Likes

When I say that I would rather give payment info to a Millennial or Gen Z-er live-streaming the event from their cellphone, I mean it. Because even on Instagram and TikTok lives you can at least rewind

1 Like

I’m surprised to hear so many people are having issues? I pay the full annual subscription for ClipMyHorse and haven’t had any issues at all. Replays by individual horse/rider combo have been available within ~30 minutes of the division ending and I really haven’t had any buffering at all.

It’s not always the most intuitive site when looking for a specific event (especially archived events), but I find it infinitely better than H&C.

1 Like