Unlimited access >

WEC Ocala Hunter Warm Up Classes?

Can anyone who is showing in the hunters at WEC Ocala explain how the warm up works? The schedule reads “ticketed warm up.” There are no warm up classes listed on the schedule. Do you get to go in alone and ride the full course or is the rings a free-for-all schooling area?

I am not at WEC, but typically that means the ingate person will allow a few horses in the ring at a time to school however they like over the course that is set up. There might be a time limit involved, depending on how many people want to get in the ring.

They might bill you through the show office using your entry number, or they might have a cash option at the ingate, although that is less common these days.

2 Likes

Thank you MHM. That is helpful!

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Like to add that you have your number displayed, the gate person will record it and either the sheets go to the office later or they also radio it as you enter as they would a judged class so the office can bill accordingly. Riders also dont get to stay in as long as they want, trainers cant hog it or move stuff, its a real round run under the rules, just unjudged.

They control the capacity of the ring and if you need a trip or two over a show course with the decorated fences, its a very good option. Generally, they will designate what time the fences wiil be set at what height-like 7am-11am 2’6”, 1130-2pm 3’ and so on. Sometimes they have 2 rings running warm ups for longer periods one at 2’6 and one at 3 for example or a Pony ring.

Know its a new experience for those used to smaller shows that dont have extra rings and sets of jumps but bet they’ll get to like this option when offered.

They are running warm ups like most a shows. Show rings open for schooling w controlled number of people at a time. $25. Requires a back number and it goes on the show bill.

Thanks again everyone!

I remember when ticketed warmup was $5… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Same.

I still laugh at the memory of the day many, many years ago when a confused pony dad at WEF asked me where he could find “the nickel ring.” :joy:

Do they call it the $20 ring now? The $35 ring? LOL

It’s the $20 ring now.