wedge stirrup pads for supination/pronation

Just want to share this… I have some minor orthopedic problems, one of which is supination of my feet – my feet roll to the outside, onto my little toes. When riding, getting weight evenly distributed in my stirrups across the balls of my feet is very hard.

I recently ordered wedge pads from Freedom Rider. I had to trim the indentations a bit as I use jointed stirrups, but have used the wedges twice now and am finding it much easier to keep my feet positioned properly. I put them with the built up side of the wedge on the outside of the stirrup; you’d do the opposite for pronation. My hips complained a bit the first day, but otherwise it’s been a great discovery.

I love those stirrup pads. They let me ride without pain. I did switch to offset eye stirrups recently and they are working nicely as well. They aren’t the ones with the eye set at 90 degrees, they’re the ones with the eye set offcenter to the stirrup, so that the stirrup hangs with one side lower than the other. The low side goes on the inside and I’m pain free.

I’m probably going to switch back to the pads though, as I want a “safety” style stirrup. I just can’t find one that has the support the pads/offset stirrups give, and I’m not sure if using the pads would compromise the quick release mechanism in the stirrups.