Unlimited access >

WEG parking

I heard you can park closer and get a golf cart ride in. True? How does one contact anyone for this?

The private parking lot across the street from Lot E on Pea Ridge Rd. has a bunch of golf carts and is prepared to give people rides in if they have trouble getting on the Lot E shuttle. They started doing that Tuesday evening when the shuttle drivers at Lot E were saying that you couldn’t ride the shuttle if you didn’t have “credentials.”

I’m not there, but this comment was recently posted on the Games’ Facebook page. Sharing so anyone interested can check it out if they so desire: SIMMONS parking an shuttle less than 5 mins away. You can kill the long wait times 20 per day reserved parking 25. Call 828 289 0702 for more info. An we hope you guys enjoy your visit. Thanks

We got to the steeplechase lot (F) around 10 this morning and parked wayyyy in the back, almost all the way around. We walked about a mile but once we got to the waiting area there were already 3 buses there, waiting. No waiting on our part. The ride was about 5 minutes and they drop you at the front. The shuttle was the best part. You park on either side of the steeplechase track, facing the fence. The infield was empty when we got there, but soon after they must have started directing cars in there, because when we left it was full. So if you got there later, you were able to park closer. There were some guys whizzing by on golf carts but they didn’t offer anyone a ride, until we got really close to the shuttle buses.

I have experienced EXCELLENT parking and transport for Friday. AMAZING compared to Thursday and the rumours of Wednesday. Picked up by golf cart and whizzed to waiting air conditioned bus, then into the facility a different way – hills and such – maybe routed around the steeplechase? --getting out of the venue, the line-up to leave was handled properly…counted folks and put them in que to fit each bus and poof in 15 minutes I was out of dressage and in a bus, car, gone! It was excellent! and I told those guys so:)

2 Likes

I definitely think parking is improving!

I had the same experience Friday. I liked how they parked on the steeplechase track, and I got a golfcart ride directly to the bus with no line, and also back to my car after. Liked how the loaded multiple buses at once when leaving the venue. Much better than Wednesday!

I used Simmons today and they were anazing!

Convenient quick parking for the games… www.tryonparking.com

Wondering how the different parking areas are holding up after the deluge? How about the private lot across from the venue? Email for WEG volunteers said the volunteer parking field is saturated and not to park there but to park along drive and behind house. Then email from WEG about spectator parking said it’s been changed:
[TABLE=“border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]
[TR]
[TD=“width: 100%”] [TABLE=“border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]
[TR]
[TD=“align: left”]IMPORTANT: Spectator Parking Temporarily Moved [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR]
[TR]
[TD=“align: center”][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR]
[TR]
[TD=“align: left”]Due to the effects of Hurricane Florence, spectator parking for the WEG is now located next to our Sandy Plains Volunteer Headquarters for Monday and Tuesday. Follow Department of Transportation signs to the parking lot.

Parking at the Steeplechase Lot will reconvene <a href="https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/core/x-apple-data-detectors://4">on Wednesday, September 19.</a>[/TD]
				[/TR]

[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Definitely give more time to park and be prepared to walk. I feel like we are back to Wednesday’s bussing situation

Was the entrance to Simmons hard to find? I called them but they couldn’t give me an exact address, just a description of the location!