WEG Pratoni 2022

Starting a thread for WEG 2022.

WEG Pratoni web site:
https://pratoni2022.it/

Test event is in a couple of weeks: May 12-15

Actual competition is September 15-18.

Pretty informative page from USEA:

Team composition from USEA link:
Each country can send up to five riders โ€“ four team members and one individual. The best three scores will count for the team. The final four selected to represent the U.S. as a team will be confirmed after the first horse inspection at the Championship.

3 Likes

Team Price is in Pratoni for the test event. They posted that it will be live streamed. I canโ€™t find a link on the site yet, but there is some verbage:

" The Eventing Test Event (May 12-15) will also be a rehearsal for the television production that will be provided during the FEI World Championships, when there will be 40 cameras around the site, some of which are special and innovative for this kind of event. The Eventing Test Event will therefore be televised in full with live streaming on FEI TV (with English commentary) and also on the Pratoni2022 website."

There was a good Equiratings podcast on the test event released earlier today.

Ok I canโ€™t find a thread anywhere on it. Whoโ€™s gonna be the team? I realize some might come down to Great Meadow.
Hereโ€™s who I think it will be
Z
Testerleg (with federman B as his direct reserve)
Off the record (with one of his others as direct reserve)
Mai Baum
Quantum Leap

What Iโ€™d really like to see though is a โ€œyoung guns teamโ€ and replace Boyd and Big Phil with

QC Diamantaire and Leamore Master Plan.

Any other guesses???

Any idea how Mai Baum is doing? All the other horses are entered at Great Meadow and he isnโ€™t.

1 Like

Mai Baum was entered when I just looked!

Soโ€ฆAug. 1 passed by with no announcementโ€ฆany guesses when it might be announced now

1 Like

I wonder if something unexpected came up in the Sunday final vet evaluations that affected the timing of the announcement

Yeah, I wonder! Weird nothing has been announced.

Tamie Smith posted a pic of her email Inbox with commentary that she was continually refreshingโ€ฆ

4 Likes

CANADIAN EVENTING TEAM ANNOUNCED FOR FEI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
PRATONI โ€“ ITALY 2022

Ottawa, ON, August 2, 2022 โ€“ Equestrian Canada is proud to announce the eventing team selection to the Fรฉdรฉration Equestre Internationale (FEI) World Championships from September 14 โ€“ 25, 2022 in Pratoni del Vivaro, Italy.

The following members of the Canadian Eventing team will represent the maple leaf at the quadrennial equestrian event in September (in alphabetical order):

• Hawley Awad, JollyBo
  • Holly Jacks, Candy King
  • Colleen Loach, Vermont
  • Karl Slezak, Fernhill Wishes
  • Michael Winter, El Mundo

Non-travelling reserves:

• Dana Cooke, FE Mississippi
  • Lisa Marie Fergusson, Honor Me
4 Likes

(Posted from FB)

Introducing the Land Rover #USAEventing squad headed to FEI World Championships Pratoni - Roma 2022 this fall! Get ready to cheer them on Sept. 14-18. :us_outlying_islands::trophy::it:

:us:๐—ช๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐—–๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป (Gordonsville, Va.) & ๐—ข๐—ณ๐—ณ ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ (VDL Arkansas x Drumagoland Bay) owned by Off The Record Syndicate // Groom: Hailey Burlock // Direct Reserve: Don Dante (Pachio x Muckno Clover) owned by Team Rebecca LLC
:us: ๐—”๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฑ (Southern Pines, N.C.) & ๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฃ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป (Master IMP IHR x Ardragh Bash) owned by Anne Eldridge // Groom: Meredith Ferraris
:us: ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฎ๐™™ ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ (Cochranville, Pa.) & ๐™๐™จ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ก๐™š๐™œ ๐™๐™Ž๐™ (Windfall x Thabana) owned by Christine, Thomas and Tommie Turner // Groom: Stephanie Simpson
:us: ๐™‡๐™–๐™ช๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™‰๐™ž๐™˜๐™๐™ค๐™ก๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ (The Plains, Va.) & ๐™‘๐™š๐™ง๐™ข๐™ž๐™˜๐™ช๐™ก๐™ช๐™จ (Sazeram x Wake Me Gently) owned by Jacqueline Mars // Groom: Sally Robertson
:us: ๐™๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™š ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ (Murrieta, Calif.) & ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ž ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ช๐™ข (Loredano 2 x Ramira) owned by Alex Ahearn, Ellen Ahearn, and Eric Markell // Groom: Alyssa Dobrotin

:small_blue_diamond:Traveling Reserve: ๐™‹๐™๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฅ ๐˜ฟ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฃ (West Grove, Pa.) & ๐™• (Asca x Bellabouche) owned by Evie Dutton, Ann Jones, Suzanne Lacy, Caroline Moran, Simon Roosevelt & Thomas Tierney // Groom: Sidnee Ledyard

Read more :arrow_right: https://www.usef.org/media/press-releases/us-equestrian-announces-land-rover-us-eventing-10

5 Likes

No one deserves it more than Tamie!!! Love this team!! Congratulations to the team and reserves!!

4 Likes

Hooray Ariel! And Tamie, I mean I thought for sure they would pick her but Iโ€™ve thought that beforeโ€ฆ

I like this group!

8 Likes

YES! So exciting

Nice how the US included the grooms in the announcement.

Seems like a strong team with more pairs with international experience overall than many recent US teams - hoping for a strong showing!

12 Likes

Am I the only one surprised not to see Doug Payne and Quantum Leap listed anywhere, not even as one of the 6 alternates?

6 Likes

BUG!!! :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

3 Likes

I found that very strange as well. Maybe Doug wanted to give him more time with Paris as the main goal? Theyโ€™ve been pretty opening in saying that his dressage is very much still a work in progress.

At least in my mind, I donโ€™t see how they couldnโ€™t have at least had him on the alternate list unless it was a decision made by Doug and his team.

6 Likes

Regarding Doug, Could be a medical issue that surfaced in the Sunday vet evaluations

4 Likes

I was also surprised not to see Doug. I think he had said in an interview he did with Equiratings he was hoping for Pratoni with him? But I might be misremembering. Or ya know, life with horses. Maybe something else came up.

1 Like