Weighted Blankets?

I have fibromyalgia - I have found that putting weight (or a topical ointment that tingles) on the sore injuries usually helps; ankles wrapped with a tensor bandage, hands shoved under my boyfriend (who does not like this :lol:), or a cat on my hips. I call it “distracting my nerves”.

I think a weighted blanket would help me sleep a lot. Does any one have experience with weighted blankets? Where did you buy from and what was the cost?

These are wonderful. You can find them. They make them for kids with sensory integration disorder. Google that phrase. You’ll find them.

I would think they’d help, I have thought about one as well. I have fibro too, and sleep with a lot of heavy covers on. I like the weight of the covers, I find it comforting and it seems to help avoid pressure points when the nerves are firing wrong.

Well I went ahead and ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/SensaCalmTherapeutic-Adult-Length-Weighted-Blanket-fabric-18/dp/B00CSVS6U0/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1393594459&sr=8-16&keywords=weighted+blanket+adult

I can’t wait for it to come. If it even works just a little bit, it will make a huge difference in my life.

“These blankets work by providing input to the deep pressure touch receptors throughout the body,” says Karen Moore, OTR/L, an occupational therapist. “Deep pressure touch helps the body relax. Like a firm hug, weighted blankets help us feel secure, grounded, and safe.” (Source: Psychology Today). Scientific evidence has shown that moderate pressure increases levels of serotonin and melatonin in the brain - both of which are great for sleep."

I’ll let everyone know how it goes once I get it.