Unlimited access >

Welcome to my new lease horse

Single, unposed photo of a horse who has been out of under saddle work but whose body has been very busy carrying and delivering healthy foal(s?) as a surrogate.

1 healthy foal……2 years out of work! (If you’re interested) I’ll repost a photo in a few months when she’s fit and back in full work which will take a while, as I’ve also been out of work and am unfit LOL ….We are definitely “2 peas in a pod” I have a video of her from before with one of our junior riders but I can’t get it to upload!

6 Likes

Gorgeous and undoubtedly talented. The mare, too! :wink: Her belly splash looks like a heart with an arrow tail, which would be rather apropos, no? If there is no arrow, then it’s a shooting star heart! sigh /sappy

So happy for the both of you!

2 Likes

Chestnut mare with bonus white for the win!!! Congrats!!

1 Like

She’s adorable, congrats! We have 3 Tacorde youngsters at our barn and they are all flashy, athletic and great-brained. You’re going to have a lot of fun!

1 Like

Do they have the belly splashes?

I believe most of his offspring do! Most generally look a lot like him……on their webpage on past sales, there is one with a huge belly splash and huge white socks! Gorgeous! I remember being stabled next to him years ago at the Brandon Royal Winter Fair. Back then I had my little hunter mare Dolly, and I didn’t realize there was a stallion right across the aisle……just hanging his head out of the door, no higher partition between him and other horses, and his best friend (Lorres dog curled up asleep beside him)…he is the gentlest horse Ive ever met! A big boy with a heart of gold….apparently goes in with other horses, and never acts “stallion” at all…can be handled by anyone. His offspring have been highly sought here and now she has some new lovely stallions!

If I were in the market for a young horse to buy, I’d be looking here for sure!

3 Likes

One does! Chestnut filly with 4 whites, long blaze and a big belly spot!

2 Likes

Thank you for the link. I’ve already picked my 3 ! :wink:

1 Like