Unlimited access >

Welcome to my new lease horse

So as many of you know I had to euthanize my horse of a lifetime, Sullivan, on December 19 due to DGE …2 Days before my hysterectomy! Well my lovely and generous trainer has kindly free leased me her lovely mare Rooney. She’s by the awesome stallion Tacord, and is brave and looks just like him! She has been off for 2 years, being’s surrogate brood mare and now I get to ride her….my trainer thinks she will make me a nice 3ft and 3ft3 hunter. She has a few issues which is why she won’t sell her, but the vet has cleared her with some maintenance and shoeing. My broken heart is healing and I get to start riding again this Friday (cleared by my surgeon) and this hairy beast was clipped today! :heart::laughing: Welcome to my life Rooney! strong text

![image|690x493](upload://gRw7AUKoS94ByudDJ4aDWLRKnZP.jpeg

57 Likes

May riding her bring you great joy!

3 Likes

I’m probably wrong, but looking at her picture she may be overly tense in her loin area.

I’ve run into this so much that recently I use a Far Infra-red Western saddle pads automatically on the horses I ride whether they “need” it or not (I use the Fenwick one, and I am considering buying a BOT one). This seems to please these horses greatly and it reduces resistances from having an aching back. They LIKE having these types of saddle pads that go over their loin behind the saddle).

2 Likes

How lovely to be embarking on your healing journey together! Keep us posted!

2 Likes

She was vet checked Friday and the saddle they were using on her while bringing her back into work made her back sore and mine definitely doesn’t fit so that may be what you’re seeing….saddle fitting is this Friday! She also had her hocks injected. Otherwise vet didn’t see anything at the vet check check!

7 Likes

She is gorgeous and looks just like Tacorde! I’m sure you will have much fun with her!

3 Likes

She looks like she has a big personality. I bet you’ll have a lot of fun with her!

1 Like

She’s very sweet…more forward than Sullivan but he had huge personality, er attitude hahahahaha

2 Likes

Aww glad to hear you are back riding!

P.

2 Likes

Yeah!

(and I don’t see how anyone can diagnose tension or lameness based on your photo so no worries!)

9 Likes

I love the belly dot go button!

6 Likes

It’s a heart with a tail or a stingray. The cutest darn thing.

2 Likes

Think of how cute that was when she was a foal. I can’t handle it.

3 Likes

Most of the Tacorde offspring have his white belly splotch! :heart: And yes it’s a heart with a tail lol

4 Likes

From this angle it looks a bit like a dolphin tail.
I love chestnut mares. They are my weakness. I currently have one. I would collect several if I could.

3 Likes

I hope you have tons of fun with her!

2 Likes

So beautiful! Keep us posted on how things go!

2 Likes

So sorry about Sullivan. :broken_heart:

Congratulations! I’m so excited for you. Rooney is a cutie. :heart_eyes: We would love to see update photos during your process of bringing her back into work! Only if it’s not too much trouble. :wink:

3 Likes

Definitely will! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re wrong.

How, pray tell, does one diagnose tension from a single photo of an out of work horse standing still?

5 Likes