Unlimited access >

Wellington in February

I am going to be in Florida in February and have the opportunity to go to Wellington, but have no idea how to get tickets to the AGDF (the 24th), where to stay or where the show is (is it the International Equestrian Center?). If anyone could give me some advice, I’d really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Be sure to get to one of the Friday Night Stars Freestyles.
No need for tickets in advance. In my experience, there is no ticket for the Friday nights, except the one that is a cancer benefit… and they can be bought at the door.

1 Like

and they have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/globaldressagefestival/

1 Like

The hotels closest to the horse show are pretty pricey during the season. There are probably some less expensive hotel rooms at the places near the airport, which would be maybe a 20 or 30 minute drive from the show grounds, depending on traffic.

1 Like

Try the Royal Inn Hotel.

1 Like

Another on same road as Royal Inn, is the Pioneer. This is sort of the main road into Wellington area. If you go a bit farther north and to Okeechobee Blvd by turnpike there are several that are a step up from the Roya/Pioneer. La Quinta, etc. That will be probably 20 minutes or so to show grounds. And then there is parking.

1 Like

There are no tickets for Friday Night Under the Lights at Global, but you may have to pay for parking. Since Helgestrand now is managing Global they may keep parking free.

If you are going to be in Wellington, don’t miss WEF grand prix jumping on Saturday night at the WEF show grounds. It’s free, but parking is $20.00. You will see some of the top show jumpers in the world compete there. Great vendors, the fun Tiki Bar, and unbelievable riding and sport.

Then sunday you can catch a polo game… :grin:

2 Likes

AirBnBs are nice to stay in for a long weekend. We often get a cute place in Lake Worth and visit the beach.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the great information! We booked a hotel and are counting the days!

Have fun! There are also lots of tack shops in the area, so maybe bring an empty duffle bag, just in case. Lol.

2 Likes

No tickets required. Bring a warm blanket for Friday night freestyles as it can be chilly. You can also bring snacks / wine :slight_smile:

Cheapest hotel options will be at Palm Beach airport, or look for an Airbnb in the Lake Worth area. There is very little inventory in Wellington during the season and prices are high.

Thursdays are the best day for watching dressage during the day as you get the Grand Prix qualifiers for both the special and the freestyle.

Food and drink options at global are really limited so you may want to bring your own.

Saturday go to jumperland for Saturday night lights. Worth it for all the shopping alone

1 Like

I have had good luck with AirBnB and it has been so much cheaper. I am hoping to go again this winter and if you are willing to drive about 15-20 minutes, you have a lot of options.

1 Like