Unlimited access >

West Coast

Who are the best hunter,jumper and equitation trainers in California?

Good lord…it’s a big state. Northern, Southern, Central??? Bay area, L.A., Orange County, San Diego?? whaaa???

3 Likes

Just in southern california?

Last time you asked, you got some good answers.
https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/hunter-jumper/9829006-west-coast-trainers

7 Likes

Best for what? I don’t know what the end game is for repeatedly asking a vague question - are you looking for one, do you just want to know who’s who, do you want to get opinions on a few that you’ve heard of? Or are you a robot? This one is chapping my hide because I keep falling for it, eager to provide useful information for someone with an answerable question.

1 Like

You have to narrow it down to get any meaningful answers based on personal experience besides the few that were posted a few months ago…and that were a very solid and long days drive apart. California trainers are just as far apart in prices and services offered.

Trainers specialize. Some have businesses devoted to Jumpers, some primarily Hunters, some mix a little Eq in. Some only take serious show riders with ready to show horses in full service, some aim a little lower. Very, very few have priced by the ride school horses.

So, what do you want that visiting a website listing Cali trainers in your desired part of the state and a quick Google search is not telling you?

You’ve also asked about good trainers on tne east coast and if Heritage is really worth it. What are you looking for, where and what’s your budget?

Let us all recall that this user showed up immediately after the “Junior Professional” was outed by her former trainer, and I maintain they are the same person.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/hunter-jumper/9740176-rushing-to-the-fences

3 Likes

Ah ha, finally, something that makes sense.

1 Like

How did I miss this thread before? I’m fascinated and have only read through page 1.

2 Likes

I missed it as well somehow and it is EPIC!

1 Like

Oh, my, I somehow missed that one too!

Is that the same user, who under yet another different name, was looking for a horse who could do upper level dressage and also be a GP showjumper? But they had to basically be pushbutton, because rider had medical issues and couldn’t have a horse that pulled?

No, that girl, who has at least two handles, did buy a horse (a 7yr old who looked very sweet and tried hard), from a friend of a friend in Holland, brought it here and then like six weeks later sent him to a dealer to be sold because “no trainer would work with her” (Possibly true since she had publicly slagged a number of local trainers, on yet another thread). Considering she bought the horse and then immediately put up a gofundme for the purchase price of the horse for her “medical bills”, I think she a didn’t have the money to maintain the horse. She had said earlier that she didn’t have the money to keep any horse for more than a year, this horse ended up being double her budget, so I guess six weeks was about what she could afford.

Crazy that that actually happened, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Mostly mindboggling that there are two of them out there with similar enough stories to get them easily conflated.

Hopefully that horse eventually ended up in an appropriate home with someone to appreciate him.

Nah…the other one in the Chicago area shared all her medical challenges and she actually bought and imported a horse. The Jr Pro kid was outed by a trainer that knows her. kid didn’t even mention medical problems…

If anything, the recent thread started by somebody in the Chicago area who’s trainer mother moved so looking for a trainer for up to 4’ without leasing something smells a bit more like the first one, especially with the trainer that mom recommended.

Would be more comfortable if it was all the same person creating fiction under different user names… But sadly there’s a lot of crazies out there.

2 Likes